Members Tattoos!

ashleyp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thought i would start a thread for members to post pics of their ink because we all know that people with tattoos like to show off what they've got! and for all of you that don't id like to think that this thread will inspire you!

ill start with a few of mine, i have 2 3/4 sleeves, a full front piece, a rear shoulder piece, 2 wrists and one semi complete leg piece!

10693756_265742380288817_667926415_n.jpg

923005_10151498219533821_930564338_n.jpg

10261982_10152190909848821_8530938776396736631_n.jpg

10686870_10152495004743821_8785267184998925429_n.jpg

72345_10151397880098821_1526810409_n.jpg

734251_10151406846733821_1727199169_n.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
very nice.............

you look quite muscly too...............any diabetic training tips..............:)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Never had or wanted one myself although I recently saw a web site on Water Colour Tattoos and I have to admit that I thought they looked fantastic

Just did a quick search and cant find the web page now but this one shows a few water color tats http://cool.eyecatchingtattoos.com/watercolour-tattoos/

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
I've not had my member tattooed but got to say "nice tats mate!"

Reactions: 2 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are fantastic. My work does not permit me to have Tattoos. ( I am a bank robber )

Reactions: 16 people

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
so you like the art, just not the method and permanency...............;)

Yes its the permanency of tattoos that puts me off, In my 60 odd years on this planet I have seen so many styles and fashions come and go and what was fashionable once is thought odd or even laughed at now. I also know so many people who regret having them done.

I can still appreciate the artwork and tattooists are artists of that there is no doubt but not permanently on my skin thanks :)

Reactions: 6 people

ashleyp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
very nice.............

you look quite muscly too...............any diabetic training tips..............:)

Haha my only tip is to test! Before during and after. Can be pretty sensitive to insulin after a heavy workout so be careful. Exercise for me generally raises my levels slightly so rarely have problems with hypos. Aslong as I've got some food in me before the gym I'm all good!

I've not had my member tattooed but got to say "nice tats mate!"

Haha im glad you haven't. I can't even begin to imagine the pain! thanks though

There are fantastic. My work does not permit me to have Tattoos. ( I am a bank robber )

Thankyou! thats a shame, all that money you must have and you can't spend it on tattoos? Feel free to donate some to my paypal account they arn't cheap

Last edited by a moderator:

ashleyp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes its the permanency of tattoos that puts me off, In my 60 odd years on this planet I have seen so many styles and fashions come and go and what was fashionable once is thought odd or even laughed at now. I also know so many people who regret having them done.

I can still appreciate the artwork and tattooists are artists of that there is no doubt but not permanently on my skin thanks :)

Thats a very fair point that i hear a lot. All of my tattoos are unique to me in some way or another. There are ALOT of people out there at the mo who are getting tattooed purely because its current fashionable. I can't imagine this endning well...

C

chris lowe

Thats a very fair point that i hear a lot. All of my tattoos are unique to me in some way or another. There are ALOT of people out there at the mo who are getting tattooed purely because its current fashionable. I can't imagine this endning well...
I had my first tattoo when I was 60 A black cat sitting in a cresent moon, next was a cat looking at a mouse on my ankle, then another "moon cat". Last one was nasturtiiums with a couple of field mice peeking out. Next one is Dec 3rd whcih will be some periwinkle flowers. If I can work out how to post the pics I will but problem is my phone is windows and lap top is apple and they don't like each other very much. If it was painful I would have stopped at one but I thought what the heck. I'm having my rebellious phase about 40 years too late.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Hi thought you said you had a few lol,I only have 3 and think I am finished now will try to upload one tomorrow.
Great pics.image.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hmm, is that full time work or just part-time ;) lol

RRB :)

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I will never ever get a tattoo,:yuck:

My grown up son does have quiet a few, and one was his own design ( he is in fact a talented artist, but as a hobby) but one on the side of his face is being removed by laser treatment, also my grown up daughter has some as well o_O

Just not for me. My elderly dad had tattoo's done when he was serving in the army in WW11, one of them was my mum's face with her Gaelic name underneath ( my dad is still alive and the tattoo's look a little more wrinkly now :p)

Smitten73

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband Is a tattooist, so naturally, im pretty covered. He does quite a few diabetic tattoos. ;)

Reactions: 6 people

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have three at the moment. My first was at age 44. Prior to that I never liked them and never even had the first thought of getting one. Then something just happened/clicked and I found myself liking them more and more. If I can figure out how to upload the photos here, I will.

Reactions: 3 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I will never ever get a tattoo,:yuck:

My grown up son does have quiet a few, anewer one was his own design ( he is in fact a talented artist, but as a hobby) but one on the side of his face is being removed by laser treatment, also my grown up daughter has some as well o_O

Just not for me. My elderly dad had tattoo's done when he was serving in the army in WW11, one of them was my mum's face with her Gaelic name underneath ( my dad is still alive and the tattoo's look a little more wrinkly now :p)

Never say Never that is my moto as you just never know lol,I bet the one on his face hurt ouch what made him have it there?I am ok with them we'll I hope so as I do have a few but would not touch my face
image.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Never say Never that is my moto as you just never know lol,I bet the one on his face hurt ouch what made him have it there?I am ok with them we'll I hope so as I do have a few but would not touch my faceView attachment 8495

A bit drunk I think Nicola and probably the break up of his marriage too:(

No I wont get one, just not me, but others who have them, no problem, it's their skin.
When my daughter got married, one of her bridesmaids had tattoo's on her arms and a shoulder, tbh I thought it didn't look nice at all, bridesmaid dress and tattoo's NO :eek::stop: That's just my view point, I did actually go out with a man who was in the Merchant navy when he was younger and had tattoo's done, he said he wished he had never had them, also the kids then, used to look at his tattoo's whilst he was swimming and he didn't like that, and he wasn't the sort you wanted to mess with either,:oops: but it didn't bother me.

RRB

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A bit drunk I think Nicola and probably the break up of his marriage too:(

No I wont get one, just not me, but others who have them, no problem, it's their skin.
When my daughter got married, one of her bridesmaids had tattoo's on her arms and a shoulder, tbh I thought it didn't look nice at all, bridesmaid dress and tattoo's NO :eek::stop: That's just my view point, I did actually go out with a man who was in the Merchant navy when he was younger and had tattoo's done, he said he wished he had never had them, also the kids then, used to look at his tattoo's whilst he was swimming and he didn't like that, and he wasn't the sort you wanted to mess with either,:oops: but it didn't bother me.

RRB
Who is Nicola image.jpg Oh I see I can understand when an event like that happens as when my nan passed away that is when I got mine

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Who is Nicola View attachment 8496 Oh I see I can understand when an event like that happens as when my nan passed away that is when I got mine

Sorry, just posted @ohitsnicola, I meant you snowy:oops:,:rolleyes: typing and eating at the same time lol. Sometimes, people do things on the spur of the moment, but I won't though :angelic:

Reactions: 4 people