Canary Seeds to lower blood sugar?

goslow12

Dislikes
Unfair people

goslow12

Dislikes
Unfair people
Just in case you all rush out to buy canary seeds, make sure they are safe for human consumption.

Some pet foods have derogatory ingredients for humans... Still looking into this and will post updates here when I find any useful info...

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Don't fancy trying them but good luck with experimenting :thumbup:

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
why not Noblehead? It's just another grain, same as quinoa, porridge oats etc. It's regularly eaten in parts of east and southern africa and can be fermented to make a good beer.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
ElyDave said:
why not Noblehead? It's just another grain, same as quinoa, porridge oats etc. It's regularly eaten in parts of east and southern africa and can be fermented to make a good beer.

Just something I don't fancy eating, I do eat porridge oats and seeds (linseeds & pumpkin) everyday as well as the seeds in the bread I eat, there's some things you fancy trying and other's you don't.....

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
The only thing I know about canary seed is it has hemp seeds in.

Maybe that is why it is good for you !!

( You can't grow them apparently...)

TOSH1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Does anyone have an update for this? I am looking at buying some today

TOSH

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
millet, yes I have seen that but not tried it.
It's a high fibre, so looks worth a try at any rate.
not sure about any others.

G

graj0

Well you learn something every day. I thought you meant seeds that canaries eat, and they might do, but it's canary seed! Seems to cure all sorts, poor liver, kidney, pancreas function, good for weight loss and building muscle, and the list goes on. If you have problems with seed try a coffee grinder or a nutribullet (wonderful machine), grinds it up like coffee. I will try this some time, just recovering from TKR, so I'll give it a few days/weeks/months.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
I will try most things but this I am not sure Goodluck
image.jpg

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well you learn something every day. I thought you meant seeds that canaries eat, and they might do, but it's canary seed! Seems to cure all sorts, poor liver, kidney, pancreas function, good for weight loss and building muscle, and the list goes on. If you have problems with seed try a coffee grinder or a nutribullet (wonderful machine), grinds it up like coffee. I will try this some time, just recovering from TKR, so I'll give it a few days/weeks/months.

Ha, I'm totally off the mark, now I've googled 'canary seed'
It's actually a grass, not entirely sure about it reading on wiki though.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

How was the Op, you recovering okay ?

RRB

G

graj0

How was the Op, you recovering okay ?

RRB
Very well thanks very much. Seems that all the hard work I put in strengthening muscles to help with the arthritis in the first place has paid many dividends and I'm progressing much quicker than they expected but I will stay in hospital until Saturday as planned. This is mainly because their greatest fear is thrombosis, so they give you a blood thinner (not warfarin), then their worry is bleeding, but although there has been some, it's not getting worse.
I have to wear booties attached to a pump that squeezes the foot to help circulation, evidently I was cursing somebody in recovery because I could feel my feet being squeezed but not who was doing it, turned out to be a what was doing it.
I'm already bending my knee to 90 degrees so long as I'm sitting which is better than the old knee. The pain was intense while in recovery and although you're getting pain relief it seems they have to sort out how much when your'e more with it, so apart from that the most uncomfortable bit is the muscles locking after exercise and where they had the tourniquet on the thigh muscle during the op. So job's a good'n I reckon, just have to make sure that I do all the physio that I'm told to do and as much as I can. Then I get the other one done. Can't wait.
Thanks for asking, much appreciated. Take care. Graham

Reactions: 5 people