Ideas for using Coconut Oil please .....

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've used coconut oil for many many years but only ever as a hair and body moisturier... It keeps my dry frizzy hair tame and shiny and I love the effect it has on my dry skin, keeps it lovely and soft :happy:

I've now bought a new tub of extra vigin organic coconut oil for kitchen use... But I havent a clue where or how to use this?

Anyone got any ideas... What sort of recipes can I use coconut oil in?

Reactions: 2 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use it to roast celeriac and swede or make chips ,basically anything that you would fry or roast
CAROL

Reactions: 4 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
put 'almost bounty bars' in the search box at the top. lovely. I plan on making some this weekend. In fact the whole Chocolate Paradise Thread is amazing!!!!!!!:hungry:

Reactions: 6 people

caliban

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Speeding drivers, they put us all in danger. Guitar players with sqeaky fingers. All i can hear is the **** sqeaks and I turn off.
I baked a low carb lemon coconut cake yesterday containing coconut oil, first time I ever used it, best low carb cake I've ever tasted. Recipe at www.ditchthecarbs.com
Recipe calls for 1 tsp Psyllium Husk but I changed it for flax meal and it still held together nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
put 'almost bounty bars' in the search box at the top. lovely. I plan on making some this weekend. In fact the whole Chocolate Paradise Thread is amazing!!!!!!!:hungry:

OMG!!! We have Thread devouted to Chocolate!!! :happy::happy:

Drooling at the thought of 'almost bounty bars' Bountys use to be one of my favourite chocolates, I haven't had one since pre diabetes.

I shall be spending the entire evening glued to this site and searching recipes :joyful:

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I regularly make the almost bounty bars and the rocky road. will be making some boozy truffles nearer Christmas too!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use it to roast celeriac and swede or make chips ,basically anything that you would fry or roast
CAROL
As above, except we should maybe advise using steamed coconut oil which is odourless

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Slip a tsp or two in you coffee or tea or make a comfy warming chocobullet with coconut oil, butter, cocoa powder (sugar free) and hot water, for extra luxury add some vanilla and/or cocoa butter.
If you like smoothies add some. use it for frying.
Melt and mix with same amount chocolate (at least 70% or more) add to silicone mould and make a nice helathy treat.
Here some other uses http://wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I fry veg in it for our fishcakes.

There are some amazing coconut oil n flour kindle books. You don't have to have a kindle to get them from Amazon... I just download to my iphone/pad. Got about 10 of these books including ketogenic recipes.

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I fry veg in it for our fishcakes.

There are some amazing coconut oil n flour kindle books. You don't have to have a kindle to get them from Amazon... I just download to my iphone/pad. Got about 10 of these books including ketogenic recipes.

Hi, I've bought coconut flour too but haven't used it yet. Ooh I'll have a look at the kindle books, I'd forgotten about that. Thanks

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Coconut milk; flour; oil recipes is good by Jane Burton

Some books have the carbs listed etc,this one doesn't but still easy to work out...

Last edited by a moderator: