BS readings

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I shallow fry the onion bajies...just sliced onions then a batter of gram flour spices of your choice. I use pataks paste. Then water till thick enough to coat them
The sag paneer is online all day I dream about food site. Yummy

I've previously deep fried the bajies but I'm definitely going to try shallow frying, as you suggest. Thanks x

alliebee

I've previously deep fried the bajies but I'm definitely going to try shallow frying, as you suggest. Thanks x
I've deep fried them before when I wanted the ball shape. Really nice. But last time I shallow fried as I didn't have enough oil. They turn out flatter so maybe not as good. I can have gram flour ( chickpea). Without much spike

Reactions: 2 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@alliebee and all other members if you want indian cooking dishes I would be more than glad to provide you with recipes, I was a person who could spend hours making something or other but since diagnosed I dont go much in as I dont feel like eating with so many restrictions and if I have a piece of something that is high carb I beat myself for whole day for having it, although a lot of times it might not have raised me a lot at all.
I find the sauces do not give the same taste, I have my spice rack and I have a whole cupboard full of spices whole, crushed everything.
IMG-20120908-00096.jpg IMG-20121019-00149.jpg IMG-20120914-00107.jpg IMG-20120812-00086 (1).jpg IMG-20120922-00113.jpg

View attachment 8481 View attachment 8482

Reactions: 5 people

alliebee

Oh my god!!! Drooling here... thankyou. Yes please. I've experimented with many dishes now trying low carb. I find ghee and butter helps put back a bit of flavour / texture and I'm enjoying lchf ( higher fats). Lots lots of weight and now I put fats in where I used to try to cut back on them. I can eat 2 roti but rice is too many carbs. I could not go many days without my indian dishes. Want someone to bring out a low carb cookbook of spicy indian food :)

alliebee

@alliebee and all other members if you want indian cooking dishes I would be more than glad to provide you with recipes, I was a person who could spend hours making something or other but since diagnosed I dont go much in as I dont feel like eating with so many restrictions and if I have a piece of something that is high carb I beat myself for whole day for having it, although a lot of times it might not have raised me a lot at all.
I find the sauces do not give the same taste, I have my spice rack and I have a whole cupboard full of spices whole, crushed everything.
View attachment 8485 View attachment 8486 View attachment 8487 View attachment 8488 View attachment 8490

View attachment 8481 View attachment 8482
Maybe ....gets down on my knees and begs. You could start an indian recipe thread. Its sorely needed. ( pretty please). Lol :)

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fasting today 4.9 after bedtime of 4.8
Now spot on 5 while about to have some of my homemade soup at the office

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What I will do then in that case is start a thread and put all my recipes on there what I make now, not a lot though as choices are so limited but I love spinach paneer and make it every week to last for 3 days and my wife is ****** off with eating spinach everyday but definitely I will work on a thread for LCHF or LCLF recipes what I have or I use.

Reactions: 10 people

alliebee

@brettsza...I find cooking with spices extremely satisfying. Whether old favourites or new recipes...from the initial burst of fragrances as you heat the spices...to added aroma from grounding them..the house smells wonderful and enhances the taste buds and senses for the meal later...I think very few cuisines do this...sort of an all day appetiser ..mmmmm

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I will do then in that case is start a thread and put all my recipes on there what I make now, not a lot though as choices are so limited but I love spinach paneer and make it every week to last for 3 days and my wife is ****** off with eating spinach everyday but definitely I will work on a thread for LCHF or LCLF recipes what I have or I use.
Brettsza, I am a terrible cook, could you not just make the curries and post them to me on here :)

Reactions: 11 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 fasting
5 2hrs post breakfast / pre lunch
5.2 post lunch of half a piece deli bacon and leek frittata and a large decaff soya latte

Reactions: 8 people

alliebee

Well I'm well chuffed. Before lunch was 4.8
After was 5 .1. :)
Daytime readings are getting really good now...just that bloomin repedative 8.1 fasting to fix

Reactions: 9 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Well I'm well chuffed. Before lunch was 4.8
After was 5 .1. :)
Daytime readings are getting really good now...just that bloomin repedative 8.1 fasting to fix
Congratulations alliebee, how long has this taken you if you don't mind me asking?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My consultant gave me true indian food still with the bones chopped up in the meat.

There was no carbs except the couscous that she eats and offered me.

The meat and contents were totally sauce free and the best indian I had ever had. She even gave me some to take home to hubby..(yes it did get to him).

The only trouble was I didn't ask for the recipe from her cook!!

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Good evening campers.

Reading for today are as follows with before and after reading, strangely enough before and after

B 5.0 Toasted linseed & soya bread with sliced u toasted cheddar cheese 5.1

L 5.4 Sandwich 2 x Burgen bread with tinned Salmon 6.0 particularly pleased with the reading after 2 slices

D 4.7 3 x thick slices butchers bacon , 2 x fried eggs. No after reading because it's being cooked as I type.

A pleasing set of numbers, just hope it can be consistent, time will tell have a nice evening and let's
All look forward to POETS day tomorrow.

Reactions: 7 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've deep fried them before when I wanted the ball shape. Really nice. But last time I shallow fried as I didn't have enough oil. They turn out flatter so maybe not as good. I can have gram flour ( chickpea). Without much spike

Alliebee, I often make gram flour pancakes, I add grated courgette, onion and spices to the batter. Same batter as you would use for onion bajies but add more water, ice cold water seems to make the batter lighter.

I made some this evening and fried the pancakes in Coconut oil, and had side dish of mushrooms & couple thin slices of Halluomi again fried in coconut oil. I couldn't wait to open this huge tub and the coconut aroma is divine :hungry: