Costing a small fortune !!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never have pain with the Codefree lancets.

How odd.

Or maybe I just have fingertips of steel...?

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes you can find fastclix or multiclix on e-bay cheaply Even a tight Yorkshire man needs to be kind to his fingers :nurse:
CAROL

Hey 'watch-it' not 'tight' just 'careful'!!!!!

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never have pain with the Codefree lancets.

How odd.

Or maybe I just have fingertips of steel...?

I do get a bit of pain, I'm down at 2.5, but often even on the side if a little far back & on the tip it's sometimes 'a stinger'. I'm not a wimp either.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do get a bit of pain, I'm down at 2.5, but often even on the side if a little far back & on the tip it's sometimes 'a stinger'. I'm not a wimp either.

Ooh.
Maybe not fingers of steel, then
Maybe I'm a princess-and-the-pea. Even my 50x used lancets are still set on 0.5 or 1.0

I shall tell Mr B that he is married to a pwincess.
Although I think he might have guessed already

Reactions: 2 people

Sugar free Stu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
WoW !!!! thanks for the replys its very nice to know ther is so much support on here. I will try the Codefree route:rolleyes:
As your on medication you are exempt from prescription charges. You need a form from your GP and it covers all prescriptions not just diabetic ones. Info on test strips sounds good, I get them scripted as using insulin

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes you can find fastclix or multiclix on e-bay cheaply
CAROL
Or if you can't find one on eBay or possibly Amazon, look for a cheap Accu Chek meter that comes with one - I found that that was cheaper (about 1/2 the price on Amazon!) than buying the fastclix on its own from an online chemist/pharmacy.

Robbity

C

chris lowe

Sorry but if you are lucky you might get a prescription for one pot. I normally buy lancets and test strips on ebay (which is annoying because they are most probably a type 1 who gets too many and sells them on or doesn't bother to test) but make sure that if you are under 60 you get the gp or diabetic nurse to give you a form that will expempt you from prescription charges.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
WoW !!!! thanks for the replys its very nice to know ther is so much support on here. I will try the Codefree route:rolleyes:
image.jpg