Broken toe?

MrsMushroom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, this morning I smashed my toes on the foot of our bed and i think I may have broken a toe (or at least stubbed it really badly!

My toe has gone black and blue almost immediately and it hurts like hell!

I know there isn't anything the hospital can really do for a broken toe, but should i get it checked out with being diabetic?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes you should, we do have to be careful with our feet due to having diabetes, good luck.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi have you posted about this before, as it looks very familiar. You could 111 for help and advice if you dont want to go to A & E, but the latter is probably the best place to go.

Best wishes RRB

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would first try to call GP and try and get an urgent appointment. With diabetics they might give one to you or else 111 but I have called them once and they just got a local doctor from an area to call me which I did who asked me to book a GP appointment, so GP then 111 and if no one helps then A&E

MrsMushroom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your replies.

No, I havn't posted about this before. I only did it this morning.

I was thinking of just going to my GP rather than a&e as I think a broken toe just has to heal itself.

The annoying thing is, I was at the hospital this morning for an appt, but I hadn't realised how bad it was until i got home and took my boots off!

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the doc will send you to A&E as well if he thinks he cant do much at the surgery but might as well call and ask if you could get urgent appointment as A&E is open 24 hours

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the meantime you can tape it to its neighbour for relief. It helps.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks for your replies.

No, I havn't posted about this before. I only did it this morning.

I was thinking of just going to my GP rather than a&e as I think a broken toe just has to heal itself.

The annoying thing is, I was at the hospital this morning for an appt, but I hadn't realised how bad it was until i got home and took my boots off!

Oh no that's bad luck, just to be on the safe side, get it checked out. It must of been someone else posting about a broken toe or foot then recently? no idea who is was though:oops:

Take care of that toe :nurse:
Best wishes RRB

moz1

Did the same to the toe next to my big one, was self inflicted as kicked door in frustration lol! It hurt like hell for at least a week then ached for a couple of weeks

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi have you posted about this before, as it looks very familiar. You could 111 for help and advice if you dont want to go to A & E, but the latter is probably the best place to go.

Best wishes RRB
That was me. 2 weeks before the ankle :)

@MrsMushroom i would make an appointment with your GP. I did this to myself playing football a few months ago. The toe looked black and blue within an hour or 2 and really hurt for a couple of days. Dr said yes it's broken but no action needed as it wasn't out of alignment and would get better on its own. Also said that checking with him was the right thing to do, just in case

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could check if there is a Minor Injuries unit in your area... a bit like A & E for bumps & scrapes that you don't feel warrant proper A & E...

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck! Broken toes are agony even without the Big DB !

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I broke my toe a few years ago and went to a&e they just told me to take painkillers and rest up as there was nothing they could do

Reactions: 2 people