Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hoping to pick up a new tv tomorrow, anyone else splashing out their hard earned on a bargain?

Reactions: 4 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Hoping to pick up a new tv tomorrow, anyone else splashing out their hard earned on a bargain?
I have seen it advertised on the TV ads will be browsing the web tomorrow.What t.v have you been looking at,have you seen the new curved tellys.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I have seen it advertised on the TV ads will be browsing the web tomorrow.What t.v have you been looking at,have you seen the new curved tellys.

Seen those curved tv's in Currys last weekend, they are amazing but like most things they will be superseded by some other model in the next year or two.

Not looking for any particular brand of tv, looking to get a 48 or 50 inch tv with a good sound quality, Sony & LG are reasonably priced and might go for one of them if any come on offer tomorrow.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Seen those curved tv's in Currys last weekend, they are amazing but like most things they will be superseded by some other model in the next year or two.

Not looking for any particular brand of tv, looking to get a 48 or 50 inch tv with a good sound quality, Sony & LG are reasonably priced and might go for one of them if any come on offer tomorrow.
Yes that was where I say them,not quite sure of what the idea of them are but as you say there will be another new t.v out.We have a Sony and I must say I do like the make seems when I purchase other makes within a year or two it breaks,my mobile is a Sony and I love it.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yes that was where I say them,not quite sure of what the idea of them are but as you say there will be another new t.v out.We have a Sony and I must say I do like the make seems when I purchase other makes within a year or two it breaks,my mobile is a Sony and I love it.

Sony are a good make, you do pay for you get but the modern tv's are not built to last, often repairing them is more expensive than buying a new tv.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sony are a good make, you do pay for you get but the modern tv's are not built to last, often repairing them is more expensive than buying a new tv.
You are so right I just throw it out,I am sure that is why they only give you a 1 Year warranty on some of the cheaper things,I do like Siemens appliance I had a washing machine that came with a 10year warranty it lasted for 12 years then the motor went.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
On long-term sick so no money. I will however accept donations.. 3e7a3b8fe26b73082013463c0db3001b5a97816b.png

Reactions: 2 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Sound is no more than average on flat screen tv's because there is no room for decent speakers. Consider a sound bar.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I fancy a new laptop but I don't NEED one........so I'm off clothes shopping tomorrow not because it's black Friday but cos I have a day off work and need a Christmas jumper for Christmas jumper day on the 12th Dec.

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The washing machine has been broken for about 6 years now .. So may have a look for a cheep washing machine.. But will the wife miss not having to fill the machine with water via a garden hose and funnel ? .. Best save my money .. Don't want to upset the wife :angelic:

Reactions: 6 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The washing machine has been broken for about 6 years now .. So may have a look for a cheep washing machine.. But will the wife miss not having to fill the machine with water via a garden hose and funnel ? .. Best save my money .. Don't want to upset the wife :angelic:
Aww how thoughtful I am sure your wife will be very pleased NOT lol,buy her a washing machine she must freeze in the winter that is only if you can afford it wouldn't want you to get into debt.
Happy shopping.
image.jpg

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
We've a really thin Samsung that produces way better sound than it should. If you can pick one up as a bargain I'd recommend one of their LED SMART TVs. Excellent value for money.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I fancy a new laptop but I don't NEED one........so I'm off clothes shopping tomorrow not because it's black Friday but cos I have a day off work and need a Christmas jumper for Christmas jumper day on the 12th Dec.
I am the same I don't need anything but will just browse,I love a Christmas jumper have a nice day shopping.
image.jpg

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
We've a really thin Samsung that produces way better sound than it should. If you can pick one up as a bargain I'd recommend one of their LED SMART TVs. Excellent value for money.
Got one and agree. However sound bar is Better
513.jpg

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We had our last TV for two years and then the HDMI ports went so couldn't watch anything in HD anymore and couldn't watch any DVDs as we have a Blu Ray Player. It would have cost us more to fix it. My Gran did require a new TV though and had no need for HDMI so she got a nice new TV as well.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Omg! Just watching the news. Police have been called to several stores as people fight and climb over each other in the shopping frenzy! People fighting some crushed on the floor. One Asda store has shut its doors. The presenter says theres shoes all over the floor where people have lost them. The Asda store he is in has NO tv stock left already!

SHOCKING! Its like a rugby scrum!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
On long-term sick so no money. I will however accept donations..View attachment 8519

Lol, I have an 4 month old broken bedside cabinet ( free to a good home) o_O

( It's hard for people when money is tight):( tbh I don't buy anything unless it's needed, I like things to
last :)

RRB

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Omg! Just watching the news. Police have been called to several stores as people fight and climb over each other in the shopping frenzy! People fighting some crushed on the floor. One Asda store has shut its doors. The presenter says theres shoes all over the floor where people have lost them. The Asda store he is in has NO tv stock left already!

Good god :eek: :(

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Omg. I need milk ahhhhh!!!! :bored: :blackeye:

Reactions: 7 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Oh dear that doesn't sound good I did look online last night most were updating there sites and had a countdown.