What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome in. Sounds like you are getting on top of it. Look forward to reading more of your scrummy food diaries.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@Weird Science I'm not watching I'm a Celeb, but am enjoying The Apprentice :)

B: porridge oats mixed with Greek yoghurt and raspberries
L: cheese salad
Still felt hungry after lunch so I had some strawberry cheesecake *gasp*...So ashamed....
D : pan fried pork loin steak with sautéed mushrooms. Oats, yoghurt and raspberries for afters
Small bag of mixed nuts for snacking. Don't know why but I have felt hungry today. I have just gone very slightly over my calorie count, but this will balance out over the rest of the week

Reactions: 4 people

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wednesday
B.bacon x2 sausagex1 1 egg cheesy omlette.
L.green salad with 2 slices ham
D. Oh my ..ate out ...two very large slices roast beef ...cabbage ,sprouts and what appeared to be a rabbits food ration for a year ....of carrots!
One large glass of white 1 small glass of red.

Reactions: 5 people

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thinkmy pig out last night was due to thirst rather than hunger ..as so busy at work didn't get time to drink enough.

Reactions: 3 people

alliebee

B home made yoghurt and blueberries and chia seeds
L big steaming bowl of home made minestroni soup without the pasta
Dinner is a nice juicy steak and various veggies

Reactions: 9 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: oats, yoghurt and raspberries. My palate has definitely changed, as I found this a bit too heavy for brekkie when I first started lchf
L: Well, this was a bit of a problem; I was on some training today and had asked for a no bread or pastry lunch which was not provided, and we were presented with the usual fayre of sandwiches, quiche, and lots of other things covered in breadcrumbs with a variety of chocolate covered cakes and tray bakes! I was very good though, and just ate the fillings in the sandwiches ( found some very nice bacon and brie) and ate the filling out of the quiche. I did succumb to a very teeny slice of choc brownie, but seemed to have got away with it, my bg after 2 hrs was 9.2.
D: not sure yet, might just have some ham and cheese rolls and berries with yoghurt

Reactions: 6 people

bookmite

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Posh breakkie of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon drizzled with double cream...yum :)

L. Cold meats with a 30g chunk of Bavarian smoked cheese...double yum

T. Peri peri wings with white cabbage, sprouts and French beans.

Total carb intake 38g .

No sign of ketosis yet

Reactions: 5 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
As always B- fatcoffee/bullet coffee and afternoon coffe with coconut oil & Jersey cream
Dinner Yesterday a very cheesy (Vasterbotten cheese) 3 egg omelette and today planning taco tasting home made burgers, butter and kkakdughi (korean fermented mouli/daikon) probably a small piece of taleggio as dessert

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

B bacon and eggs and mushrooms
L smoked cheese some blue brie coleslaw and some celery
D is a fat juicy fillet steak I found in the depths of the freezer.
Snack 3 almonds

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B - mushroom omelette

L - ham salad

D - salmon with celeriac mash, kale, peas & sweet corn.

Snacks - almonds, couple squares 85% chocolate

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@AV
Was 9.2 this morning :( doing no harm as no side effects so will keep trying till all gone, hope you have better luck
Hope that was a glitch and that this works soon. I got my milk thistle and new test strips delivered today so will start at the weekend.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - small beef tomatoe with 30g of German smoked cheese and a teaspoon of olive oil
L - salmon grilled with garlic and olive oil and a salad of lettuce, tomatoe, peppers, beetroot and cucumber with a dessert spoon of salad cream
D - lamb steak with mushrooms, onions and gravy made from an oxo cube with greens covered wih a knob of butter

If I need it - will have a snack of cashews

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
2 egg cheese omlette.
2x creamy coconut oil coffe.
Dinner
Prawns ..with mayo ...raw spinach .

Handful mixed nuts

Moser 85 % chocolate ....yum

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coyo, coffeencream
3 squares 70% choc
Tinned salmon, mayo, pork scratchings,
Cheese poppadom with kimchi and green salad then huge portion berries and cream.

A day on the motorway, tomorrow. :nailbiting: Is that the KFC siren song I hear...?

Reactions: 2 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: scrambled eggs with cheese, smoked salmon.

L: cheese and mushroom omelette, coleslaw.

In between: a small handful of vegetable crisps and a glass of white wine (was at a networking event... I at least said no to the hovering wine-refillers).

D: wok-cooked veg with tuna (mushroom, yellow pepper, spring onion, courgette, cavallo Nero).

Snack: peanuts.

More food than I normally eat in a day but Ive been out and about all day and started early with a 7.30am (I ask you!!) doctor's appointment, which went well as she said my cholesterol was ok and that it was a bit of a toss up whether I am or aren't a diabetic as I'm on the cusp. But getting the diagnosis is actually the best thing that could have happened to me - I find it far easier to eat healthily when there's a direct effect on my blood sugar at stake.

Reactions: 9 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled eggs bacon
Lunch half slice bacon and leek frittata from deli, soya latte and 1sq dark chocolate
Dinner off out so plate of bits. Cheese, pickled onions, smoked turkey, Brussels pate and deli cooked sausage swirl
Supper after ghost walk rest of pate, cheese pickled onions

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brunneria when on the motorway I go to the m&s simply foods or the waitrose in the services and buy (eg) chicken legs, little sausages etc.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunneria when on the motorway I go to the m&s simply foods or the waitrose in the services and buy (eg) chicken legs, little sausages etc.

Yes. That is a MUCH better idea!
Bet we still go to KFC though ;)
I shall blame Mr B for it, of course.
Or the dog.
One thing that is absolutely certain, is that it won't be MY fault. :happy:

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.