Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Probably within the 15% most of the time, but not every time. Still b****dy annoying though.
If they are do you think it may be worth resisting the urge to re-test and see how you go for a couple of weeks and then look how you average out? Sounds like you're getting more than a bit stressed by it and getting sore fingers into the bargain.....

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

You could try a Coors Light, but you need to test with your meter!

Hi @douglas99 - not too familiar with beers but are the "light" ones the lower alcohol ones? If so maybe higher carbs than the "strong stuff" - read somewhere that they aren't brewed for as long so more of the sugar remains - though I could be wrong, it might be the so called "alcohol free" ones I'm thinking of ..

time for bed at 5.8 - sleep well everyone

Reactions: 4 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
No, the Coors Light is a low carb lager.
But how low carb depends on your tolerance, so you need to test.

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I am heartily sick to death of my meter when I re-test.

Last night 5.3 bang on current average
This morning, it's take your pick time

I am waiting now for breakfast plus 1 hour, and from that I will pick which of the readings is most likely. (always have the same breakfast)

I would say the 4.1 and 6.0 are outliers and average the other two so 5.3.

PS reading on I see that's what you did :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Louleelou

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Decided not to try a lager after all, to late tonight but might at the weekend try a 'light one' Might just be the highlight of my weekend! ;)

Off to bed now with a GL of 14.3, so I wish you all a goodnight. Let's hope some of us get some sleep.

Take care. x

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 - bedtime
6.6 - fasting

and finally after being stuck for 3+ weeks, the scales have shifted downwards by a single 1lb:D Hurrah!

Reactions: 25 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.7 is the new exercise bike making the difference , normally in the 5s , we shall see . Happy POETS day all.

Reactions: 21 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,2 waking up this morning and same again an hour later after morning walk and before breakfast.

Very cold morning -6 centigrade but lots of sunshine and expected to warm up by noon.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417155004.427373.jpg

It's Friday so that's got to be worth a smile!

Pavlos

Reactions: 22 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:cool:4.7 this morning :). Bridge night with the boys this evening (much beer and food) so I suspect it will not be so good tomorrow.

Maxwell

Reactions: 18 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 at bedtime and that's after my 'first proper low carb dinner'

8.6 this morning ... Im pleased it's coming down again, I've haven't seen a 4 or 5 on my meter for ages but with this new low carb way of life, I'm hoping it'll just get better and better :happy:

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Reactions: 22 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 before dinner
5.2 1 hour after
4.7 fasting
Although I am happy I am feeling a little not me today either it's the levels or flu catching up

Reactions: 16 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 for me today
Lots to today after my last day of the season in the office yesterday! This time last year I should have been facing 12 weeks off but went straight into a hotel reception and worked all through until my holiday centre opened again in Feb.......this year I may well be having the time off, although I have two applications already in and one to do! I would quiet like a Christmas this year though, worked 98% of it at the hotel !

Reactions: 17 people
Status
Not open for further replies.