Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Probably within the 15% most of the time, but not every time. Still b****dy annoying though.
If they are do you think it may be worth resisting the urge to re-test and see how you go for a couple of weeks and then look how you average out? Sounds like you're getting more than a bit stressed by it and getting sore fingers into the bargain.....

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

You could try a Coors Light, but you need to test with your meter!

Hi @douglas99 - not too familiar with beers but are the "light" ones the lower alcohol ones? If so maybe higher carbs than the "strong stuff" - read somewhere that they aren't brewed for as long so more of the sugar remains - though I could be wrong, it might be the so called "alcohol free" ones I'm thinking of ..

time for bed at 5.8 - sleep well everyone

Reactions: 4 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
No, the Coors Light is a low carb lager.
But how low carb depends on your tolerance, so you need to test.

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I am heartily sick to death of my meter when I re-test.

Last night 5.3 bang on current average
This morning, it's take your pick time

I am waiting now for breakfast plus 1 hour, and from that I will pick which of the readings is most likely. (always have the same breakfast)

I would say the 4.1 and 6.0 are outliers and average the other two so 5.3.

PS reading on I see that's what you did :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Louleelou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Decided not to try a lager after all, to late tonight but might at the weekend try a 'light one' Might just be the highlight of my weekend! ;)

Off to bed now with a GL of 14.3, so I wish you all a goodnight. Let's hope some of us get some sleep.

Take care. x

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 - bedtime
6.6 - fasting

and finally after being stuck for 3+ weeks, the scales have shifted downwards by a single 1lb:D Hurrah!

Reactions: 25 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.7 is the new exercise bike making the difference , normally in the 5s , we shall see . Happy POETS day all.

Reactions: 21 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5,2 waking up this morning and same again an hour later after morning walk and before breakfast.

Very cold morning -6 centigrade but lots of sunshine and expected to warm up by noon.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417155004.427373.jpg

It's Friday so that's got to be worth a smile!

Pavlos

Reactions: 22 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:cool:4.7 this morning :). Bridge night with the boys this evening (much beer and food) so I suspect it will not be so good tomorrow.

Maxwell

Reactions: 18 people

Rose28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 at bedtime and that's after my 'first proper low carb dinner'

8.6 this morning ... Im pleased it's coming down again, I've haven't seen a 4 or 5 on my meter for ages but with this new low carb way of life, I'm hoping it'll just get better and better :happy:

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

Reactions: 22 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 before dinner
5.2 1 hour after
4.7 fasting
Although I am happy I am feeling a little not me today either it's the levels or flu catching up

Reactions: 16 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 for me today
Lots to today after my last day of the season in the office yesterday! This time last year I should have been facing 12 weeks off but went straight into a hotel reception and worked all through until my holiday centre opened again in Feb.......this year I may well be having the time off, although I have two applications already in and one to do! I would quiet like a Christmas this year though, worked 98% of it at the hotel !

Reactions: 17 people
Status
Not open for further replies.