Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Arrived yesterday and started reading it last night, I can see why pump users say it's the Pumpers Bible.

Reactions: 4 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It certainly is, I refer back to it regularly. That and Think Like a Pancreas.

Reactions: 3 people

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the reminder noblehead...must go and look out my copy and re-familiarise myself with it.

Reactions: 2 people

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Arrived yesterday and started reading it last night, I can see why pump users say it's the Pumpers Bible.

Seems like a good read but my DSN wasn't overly pleased when I quoted something out of it, maybe just nod my head in future.

iHs

Seems like a good read but my DSN wasn't overly pleased when I quoted something out of it, maybe just nod my head in future.

They wont be as their training comes from the great man known as 'The Prof' and over some things, there's conflicting opinion

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, I remember when I went on my pump course, having read the book I knew a lot more than the doctors and nurse. I was in one of the first groups that they had so they weren't really that up on it.
My doctor was trying to be so helpful and found the chart about excarbs and pumping on the net for me to help with my running. This was hard for her as her English isn't good. I didn't have the heart to tell her that it was a page from the book.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just said to her that I assumed during my Basal Tests my levels should not move up or down by more than 1.7, as stated in the book, and she said she had never heard of that before :banghead:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I just said to her that I assumed during my Basal Tests my levels should not move up or down by more than 1.7, as stated in the book, and she said she had never heard of that before :banghead:

Really, I'm surprised at that, it's also mentioned in the book Think like a Pancreas.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really, I'm surprised at that, it's also mentioned in the book Think like a Pancreas.

I know, and I've just looked at their own workbook and it says make changes if your reading changes by more than 2.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I was at the hospital yesterday and the DSN had been away and done her research and acknowledged I was correct. :D
Wow how nice of the nurse to acknowledge you were correct. Good that the nurse went and did her research as well :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I was at the hospital yesterday and the DSN had been away and done her research and acknowledged I was correct. :D

Agree with Carbsrok, good that the DSN went away and checked out what you said rather than dismiss it altogether :)

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree with Carbsrok, good that the DSN went away and checked out what you said rather than dismiss it altogether :)

Yeah I was quite impressed.

She did also say that none of her colleagues had heard of it either.