Black Friday

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg! Just watching the news. Police have been called to several stores as people fight and climb over each other in the shopping frenzy! People fighting some crushed on the floor. One Asda store has shut its doors. The presenter says theres shoes all over the floor where people have lost them. The Asda store he is in has NO tv stock left already!

SHOCKING! Its like a rugby scrum!

A 24 Hour Tesco beside us was closed due to the crowds.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I think you'll be ok buying milk. Just give it an hour and all the people will have either gone home or been taken away by either police or ambulance!

but seriously if you avoid the larger stores till later you should be ok.

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Got one and agree. However sound bar is Better
View attachment 8527
No doubt, however the frequency of watching precludes the need for us. We spend more time in the kitchen which has a pioneer plasma that is about 8 years old and came with a set of speakers that you have to attach to the screen as separate units. Now that is what "built in speakers" should sound like!

Reactions: 4 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Apparently the websites are putting people in queues to get on the sites! Im going shopping but I'm just going to Aldi and later yours clothing. Hopefully shouldn't be too bad.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I buy my food shopping in Morrison's every week, it's within walking distance, 2 minutes away.

I think I better tape my old plaster cast back on ( I have two to choose from) and then go into battle :p :wideyed:

RRB :)

Reactions: 4 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
We don't have Black Friday here in Switzerland so shops are fairly quiet although the Christmas rush is starting now.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
We don't have Black Friday here in Switzerland so shops are fairly quiet although the Christmas rush is starting now.

Daisy, erm, how big is your house ;):p for the odd guest or 2 ?

RRB x

Reactions: 7 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'm not sure why we have Black Friday in the UK really. It's not like it's actually a day that matters! It seemed to spring up as a big sale day a couple of years ago...

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aww how thoughtful I am sure your wife will be very pleased NOT lol,buy her a washing machine she must freeze in the winter that is only if you can afford it wouldn't want you to get into debt.
Happy shopping. View attachment 8525
Your right .. I will get the wife a new peice of garden hose pipe and a bag of coal .. As its Black Friday ! I tried to look on line at currys web page and I was put in a que !!! Sorry for my language.. But *** is that all about .. I hate currys stores but it's all we have here apart from the food superstores .. So its hand washing and using the machine as a spin dryer for another few years .. I mean the washing machine is only 16 years only .. Lots of life In it yet .. Just a thought .. It's outlived the cat who passed away in the week :sorry:

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Your right .. I will get the wife a new peice of garden hose pipe and a bag of coal .. As its Black Friday ! I tried to look on line at currys web page and I was put in a que !!! Sorry for my language.. But *** is that all about .. I hate currys stores but it's all we have here apart from the food superstores .. So its hand washing and using the machine as a spin dryer for another few years .. I mean the washing machine is only 16 years only .. Lots of life In it yet .. Just a thought .. It's outlived the cat who passed away in the week :sorry:
Lol same here was looking on argos,and game and have been held in a que feel exactly the same I only want to browse.Your poor wife oh sorry to hear about your cat we lost our whippet in September such a loss when you loose a pet as they are so much part of the family.Be interesting to see what everyone buys that is if they can get onto the websites.
image.jpg

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just been to Ikea here in Spain to buy some plastic boxes for packing for our move and of course it's Black Friday here as well !! To get my husband to go to ikea at all is a miracle but the amount of people was amazing all looking for a bargain. Thank goodness we were the only ones interested in plastic boxes so bought them and exited ASAP !

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Got one and agree. However sound bar is Better

Sound bars are one of the things that really make me mad! :mad:

We have an older Hitachi plasma TV with speakers up both sides and that has really good sound.

Sound bars are a con by the manufacturers to make the TVs look a bargain, then sell you another £100-£200 "accessory" to get reasonable performance. There is no reason why a set of decent speakers can't be built into a TV - you just wouldn't pay another £200 for them on the TV price.
So they give you poor sound, then the "option" of spending more to get what should have come as part of the TV in the first place.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LGC

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sound bars are one of the things that really make me mad! :mad:

We have an older Hitachi plasma TV with speakers up both sides and that has really good sound.

Sound bars are a con by the manufacturers to make the TVs look a bargain, then sell you another £100-£200 "accessory" to get reasonable performance. There is no reason why a set of decent speakers can't be built into a TV - you just wouldn't pay another £200 for them on the TV price.
So they give you poor sound, then the "option" of spending more to get what should have come as part of the TV in the first place.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

LGC
Tellys are to thin for decent speakers. I blast my tv sound through the hi fi. The speakers cost more than the tv. We won't talk about the cost of the amp..:greedy:

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi connie104 it seems to be crazy out there,just seen a clip on the t.v how it is Black Friday people were falling on top of each other like a stack of dominoes,of what I did manage to see on the web that is when I could get on to it don't think I am missing out on a lot and to be honest I don't need anything.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Oh, and is anyone old enough to remember the January sales, where every year there was TV footage of queues rammed up against the glass doors waiting for them to open and hardy souls camping out on the pavement to be first in to get the bargain where there was only one?

Like a £400 fur coat for £40 or other such stuff.
[Back when fur coats were still fashionable.]

This doesn't seem to be a New Year tradition any more.
When and why did it stop?

Cheers

LGC

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi littlegreycat I sure do I used to love saving up my money then once Christmas was over head for the sale,I still do this sometimes with my older children if they want something specific we wait till the sales,but it seems like there are sales on all the time now.
Things have sured changed over the years.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well it's a black Friday here. but not what you mean The skies very dark and it has been thundering on and off since 2am this morning. (I'm just risking the computer in between bouts) We were going to go Christmas shopping followed by a nice lunch and a visit to the museum in Albi, now not going anywhere.
(Amazon was selling 'black Friday ' things when I ordered something on Wednesday. Glad I did it then before the rush, it's already half way across France )

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Trying to find a smart watch bargain... none to be found so far, but I'm holding out for Amazon since their Black Friday deals are sponsored by Android Wear. Bit disappointed so far.