Fasting average Blood Sugar Level 5.2 four weeks after diagnosis of Hba1c of 86 and 12.3

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Hi legends, members and NEWBIES

After my panic 4 weeks ago when I was first diagnosed. I had set myself some targets one of which was to get my fasting BS level down to 6. I am pleased to share with you my numbers for the last 7 days below;

5.1, 5, 5, 4.8, 5.2,5.8,6.0

My numbers went up last two days because I was pushing up my carbs slightly in the evening to see what impact it had. For me clearly it has impact into next day. Even though none of my evening 2 hours after dinner numbers went up beyond 7.8.

So if you are a NEWBY there is hope. I am enjoying my food and walking 2 miles each day

GOOD LUCK

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Congratulations, very well done :)

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Very nice to see! We know how to take care of ourselves and nice to see you are understanding the way to go! Very happy for you, thanks for posting its very encouraging

Reactions: 4 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Very nice to see! We know how to take care of ourselves and nice to see you are understanding the way to go! Very happy for you, thanks for posting its very encouraging
Thanks @Clivethedrive.All the information and support has come from this brilliant forum and its members, so that I do know whats needed. My GP's advice was abysmal

Denthezen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a similar story, a good balanced diet eating the right food works wonders. A big well done shows it can be done along with moderate exercise.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
I have a similar story, a good balanced diet eating the right food works wonders. A big well done shows it can be done along with moderate exercise.
Hi Denthezen, yes I feel I am one of the lucky ones, yes I have had to be disciplined and have got me results improved, bu there are so many people who despite their best efforts cant improve. Who knows what the future holds but for now IN CONTROL!!

PSS

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks PSS Yes, if I can do it anyone can.

Thank you for your encouraging words. I am also trying my best to fight the diabetes. Although I am on one Met 500 mg a day but if I could control it by diet and exercise alone that would be Nirvana for me !

Regards

PSS

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Thank you for your encouraging words. I am also trying my best to fight the diabetes. Although I am on one Met 500 mg a day but if I could control it by diet and exercise alone that would be Nirvana for me !

Regards

PSS
PSS Its the Carbs, once I realised the impact it was having on my BS numbers I almost went cold turkey, I am now slowly eating low carb stuff like Hi-Lo bread 5gm carbs and small new potatoes. ON exercise I am hardly Rocky I started off just a few 100 meters a day now up to nearly 3000 meters. So just do your best one day at a time.Good luck!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good numbers and a very encouraging post.
Very well done indeed!

Pavlos