Hba1c and nearly 6 weeks pregnant?!

xsedgex

Hey!
Can anyone give me some help/advice or tips or even their own stories?!

I am type 1 diabetic have been for 11 years now currently 24 yrs old ... I have recently found out that I am pregnant (unplanned) had bloods taken and my hba1c was 84 mmol which is about 9.4% I'm really stressing about this and the health of little one to be!

My diabetes has been all over place last year only within last 6/7 months have I really started getting help! In July my hba1c was near on 14%!

Help/advice?.... I'm trying to keep everything tightly controlled also seem to be suffering a lot of morning hypos!

C

catherinecherub

Hi @xsedgex

I'll bump your post up for a reply.

Try not to worry too much and I am sure you will get some advice soon.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey welcome to the forum .

I'm sorry I'm not great with advice but i cann imagine how you feel . I am 22 and 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow .

I can understand your worry as everyone worries about the health of their little one , the best thing is , is that you have realised that your hba1c is on the higher side for pregnancy but you want to sort it out and are not just leaving it , the positive I see with in your post is that your hba1c has improved atleast you are not pregnant on the 14% .

Are you on the pump or injections , what steps have you taken so far ?
Have you been to speak to your doctor to refer you to be looked after under the diabetes team at the hospital , and also have you started taking the higher mg of folic acid .

I have heard of other peoples story who have been pregnant on higher hba1c and have had healthy babies , try and work closely with your diabetes team and get them lower atleast that way from now on and forward you know your doing the best for your little one . It's so hard not to panic and stress because no matter what anyone says you still do then that makes your bloods higher and is a vicious blooming circle with diabetes .

I'm sorry I'm not much help but can try and answer any questions you might have , maybe some others will be along too soon with their stories .
Take Care of yourself x

:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, congratulations, I hope you can get your blood glucose down a little more, but try not to get to stressed or worried as this can raise your blood glucose.
Pregnancy can be a bit of a roller coaster , but just to let you know I had my daughter 14 years ago, at 42 1/.2 years old, and she is a healthy and happy teenager ( well, most of the time :rolleyes:)and I had been diagnosed 11 years then.
I wish you all the best for the happy and safe arrival of your baby.

Best wishes RRB :)

Reactions: 2 people