Not open for further replies.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The motorway still looms. Masses to do. Including overnight bag for me and dog. Final kitchen swipe, notes for cat sitter, sheet change, yada, yada...
Intended departure time (intended to be) 40 mins from now.
And what am I doing? Sitting on sofa, reading forum and procrastinating.

You can tell I'm looking forward to this trip, can't you?

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

I'm going out for a lunch with all my girlfriends for pre xmas get together..we are going to a Turkish place...I have no idea what is on the menu or what I will be able to choose..I texted one of the girls who has been there before for help..sadly all she says is the home made bread and hummous are divine. Oh dear

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

Followed up by a text saying its our one big lunch together...just have whatever you want today and be good tomorrow....:(
Then you think. Ok I don't want to put a dampner on the day by being fussy...hopefully there will be a spicy kebab of sorts and I can ask for a salad with it...I really had a handle on eating out and it rarely phases me...most places are happy to leave off the chips and offer more veggies or salad. But I've no experience of Turkish cuisine

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Should be able to get lots of meat and roasted veg things. Just pass on bread. Bulghar wheat is a possibility as some folk can manage it so tabbouleh could work with some halloumi or feta and yogurt and cucumber dip.

Reactions: 6 people

alliebee

Well just home and it was lovely a Lchf paradise. Lots of meats as you said and delicious healthy salads..I was driving so just had sparkling water
I had hallumi cheese baked in spices and salad to start with. I left tge flatbread that came with it
For main course was divine chicken on kebab sticks with peppers and onions and tomato all served on sizzling platters..and more salads and I had a tiny bit of bulgar. V nice
No dessert but a very nice turkish coffee...
One happy bunny

Reactions: 13 people

alliebee

Mind you something in there had carbs as I've just tested an 8.2. But I'm not beating myself up as it was a one off lovely lunch. ( think it was the coffee). Was v thick and sweet

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mind you something in there had carbs as I've just tested an 8.2. But I'm not beating myself up as it was a one off lovely lunch. ( think it was the coffee). Was v thick and sweet
Turkish coffee has quite a lot of sugar in it.. Or it did when we used to make it as students.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: porridge oats and raspberries. Got a bit of a shock as when I tested 2 hrs after, my bg had gone up to 10.1! Hasn't happened with this brekkie before, has anyone any ideas? I wondered if I'd put too many oats in, but not sure if that would have such a dramatic effect? Tested again before lunch and it had gone down to 8.6, which is still on the high side compared to recent readings. :-(
L: salad and cheeses savoury
Snack: cream crackers and cheese and about 6 grapes
D: not sure yet

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oats spike a lot of people so few more than usual could have an effect.And I'm not sure about cream crackers being a good snack.

Reactions: 3 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 2 rashers of bacon and mushrooms
L - tomato & olive salad with a little olive oil and 40g of German smoked cheese
D - English breakfast

Berries and cream for 9pm and a whiskey and diet coke to celebrate all the excellent results from everyone has had this week :)

Reactions: 4 people

alliebee

B: porridge oats and raspberries. Got a bit of a shock as when I tested 2 hrs after, my bg had gone up to 10.1! Hasn't happened with this brekkie before, has anyone any ideas? I wondered if I'd put too many oats in, but not sure if that would have such a dramatic effect? Tested again before lunch and it had gone down to 8.6, which is still on the high side compared to recent readings. :-(
L: salad and cheeses savoury
Snack: cream crackers and cheese and about 6 grapes
D: not sure yet
Its strange that a familiar breakfast should spike you when it hasn't before...maybe try again?

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Its strange that a familiar breakfast should spike you when it hasn't before...maybe try again?

I know I can't understand it. The only other thing I could think of was possibly that I was stressed at work today. Will have another try tomorrow

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Oats spike a lot of people so few more than usual could have an effect.And I'm not sure about cream crackers being a good snack.

I agree the crackers were a bit naughty *blushing* but I didn't have them til this afternoon. I might start weighing out the oats

Status
Not open for further replies.