Foot Care

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys

When would you get something out your foot checked?

Sorry for too much information but here goes :

A few weeks back in got a.new pair of shoes, I've got a bunion (niiice) so they started to rub creating a blister. Well the blister popped and now I have what is similar to a hole! I've got my GP calling me back but feel like I'm wasting their time when it is just a sore that hasn't healed yet.

Sorry for the gross pic but just wanted to know if I'm being silly by requesting a doctor to see me :/

Attachments

• 1417174476488.jpg
    1417174476488.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 215

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would show it to the doc, may be he says nothing but still better to have him look at it once. We need to be careful with our legs in general.

C

catherinecherub

Far from being silly.
To me, the photo shows a possible infection.
It is never wise to neglect your feet.
You could always ask your G.P. if he will give you an email address to send the photo to him if he dismisses your concerns.

C

catherinecherub

Far from being silly.
To me, the photo shows a possible infection.
It is never wise to neglect your feet.
You could always ask your G.P. if he will give you an email address to send the photo to him if he dismisses your concerns.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its far better to see your GP for an appointment to get it sorted out early than leave it and have to have multiple doctors appointments and a nurse sent round daily to change dressings.

I can't remember the thread but I did read somewhere (possibly in the complications forums) of someone who started with a small scratch on the foot that turned into an abcess and if I remember right took weeks to heal.

It's never silly to be on the safe side

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Your doing the right thing getting that foot looked at Jaxx, do come back and say how you get on.

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the doctor rang (because they only had telephone consultations) and told me I don't need a doc I need a nurse (I knew that but no appointments lol) doesn't want to see me today so booked in first thing Monday with the nurse.

We have an urgent care centre in town so if it gets worse over the weekend I will call in there!

Thanks for your replies :)

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ruth I saw that when I searched 'foot ulcer' on here before I posted! Nasty, and It happens quickly too. My foot is throbbing from this little sore can't imagine how it would feel if infection caught hold. Scary, scary stuff x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Jaxx, I'd be inclined to pop into the Care Centre in the morning rather than wait until Monday, if there is an infection they will start you on antibiotics straight away, you can still keep the appointment with the nurse on Monday.

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you're right Noblehead tbh. It's red around the open wound bit and very sore :/think I'll just go. Thanks for the advice x

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

I hope you get it sorted soon, it looks quite painful. Funny how these little things hurt the most. Keep it clean and covered until you can get to the clinic. You could try a soak in (bearably) hot water with some salt dissolved in it then dry well and cover