When to take tresiba

erasmusbee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm new to the Forum but would like to know if anyone is having problems with timing of Tresiba.

I have been Type 1 for almost 40 years and was struggling a bit with Levemir - running too high on 10 units but having lots of Hypos on 11 units. I tried everything - taking half units, splitting the dose, adding in Metformin etc. I was so fed up I paid to see a different consultant privately and he suggested Tresiba. The first couple of weeks were great - in single figures for the first time in years - but now I'm having very low BGs around 6pm each evening. This means I have to cut down the amount of Novorapid with my evening meal and then I go high around 5-6 hours later. I take my Tresiba at 11ish each evening and am currently on 9 units. I was told Tresiba had a very flat profile so I'm puzzled by this.

Anyone with any experience they could share?

Thanks

erasmusbee

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'll tag @robert72 as he's been using Tresiba insulin for quite a few months now, in the absence of a reply I would consult with your DSN and ask them for some advice, if your bg is dropping low without any IOB then your dose needs to be reduced, the profile for Tresiba says it lasts up to 42 hours after injecting so try reducing the dose down to 8 and see how you get on.