New Egg Research for Diabetes - Not good news!

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
who da thought..it was an observational, not a causation by a vegan.."observation is that getting older increases your chance of T2 diabetes"
Currently Dr. Greger proudly serves as the Director of Public Health and Animal Agriculture at the Humane Society of the United States.
this is what they think of eggs or any animal product really
http://www.humanesociety.org/search/search-results.html?q=eggs

Michael Greger is a vegan doctor who makes videos promoting a high-antioxidant vegan diet for its health benefits, while warning us of the dangers of phytonutrient-bereft animal products. Greger has said that his childhood inspiration to join the medical profession came from witnessing how Nathan Pritikin’s exercise and low-fat diet program (which is mostly vegan but includes lean meat and seafood) extended his grandmother’s life. But it was Greger’s visceral reaction to a stockyard that made him vegan:
Are you saying This doctor is a egg head.
images
it is all propaganda o_O

Reactions: 3 people

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
No dairy, no meat, no eggs, no grains, no starchy veg, no fruit - I guess it's broccoli and mushrooms for me from now on.
You're NUTS to omit a food that would have been plentiful in the Garden of Eden.

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I hate eggs. I still became diabetic. I think this 'news' is complete and utter nonsense.

Also these chickens with the bacteria -18% infected! So I buy a chicken every couple of weeks. I should be ill 4 or 5 times a year. I haven't had a tummy bug for many years. I don't think this article was worth publishing either. Just cook chicken properly, surely? I think I am a grumpy old woman now. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is worth reading if you want to improve your health - http://tinyurl.com/p6mrylw
Here is a quote "One study found that eating just a single egg a week increased the odds of diabetes by 76%. Two eggs a week doubled the odds, and an egg a day tripled the odds."
For people who do have a fascination with health - the entire website http://www.nutritionfacts.org is really useful.
@Brit90 are you on a egg free diet.
Doctor's that make sweeping statements that go beyond the evidence is not good for any cause.
The Vegan type diet may help some diabetic patients.
Definitely no need to go down the vegan path. that is a completely different controversy.

Reactions: 4 people

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Have a watch of this video - not trying to scare you, just show you the undisputed facts.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/
and this one - showing how the manipulate evidence
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-egg-board-designs-misleading-studies/

But as for everything, the choice is always yours.

As for any other information which uses the term "undisputed facts" I call bullcrap!
All nutritional "facts" are disputed and only those with a weak case try and claim that their "facts" are "undisputed".
Normally as a starting point for drawing conclusions with no substance.

Cheers

LGC

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

If you decide that eggs are a no no for people then you can expect a negative response.

We can all use Dr. Google to promote our diet but you need to look at both sides of the argument. Google any subject and you will find articles that agree and disagree with you.
The NHS say that,

"There is no recommended limit on how many eggs people should eat. But to get the nutrients you need, make sure you eat as varied a diet as possible".

http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/goodfood/pages/eggs-nutrition.aspx

There are a lot of things that I eat that other diabetics have decided are not for them and visa versa so really a diet that suits me and you may not be the right one for others. We must never dictate to others what they should or should not be eating.

Reactions: 11 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Back in the 1980's there was a hypothesis going around that milk was the cause of type 1 diabetes, even some 30 years later you still hear it mentioned from time to time.

Eggs are nutritious and there's no reason why they can't be part of a healthy diet providing you don't have an allergy or just hate them altogether (as in Zand's case). I eat on average around 8 a week and wouldn't stop eating them no matter what the headlines say, so often we hear that a food is good one week and bad the next, it is all very confusing....................

Reactions: 7 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a three egg omelette going on the cooker NOW !. If I can hold the pan through laughing. I try to take a balanced view but the "experts" conspire against me.
smilie013.gif

Reactions: 8 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok if eggs are now off the menu - my diet will have to be red wine and cheese with a few nuts for variety:)

Reactions: 8 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
How are eggs dairy?

Eggs are eggs, is pork dairy or duck, goose, pheasant, fish roe etc?

I have ate eggs at least a dozen a week throughout my entire life, bus pass next year!!

I'm not diabetic!!!!!!!!!

You knew that was coming didn't you!

Gammon and eggs for tea, mmmm!
No rise in BSLs!!

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
How are eggs dairy?

Eggs are eggs, is pork dairy or duck, goose, pheasant, fish roe etc?

I have ate eggs at least a dozen a week throughout my entire life, bus pass next year!!

I'm not diabetic!!!!!!!!!

You knew that was coming didn't you!

Gammon and eggs for tea, mmmm!
No rise in BSLs!!
In all fairness, they aren't claiming that eating eggs causes diabetes in everyone that eats eggs, just that it increases your risk for getting type 2 diabetes.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
In all fairness, they aren't claiming that eating eggs causes diabetes in everyone that eats eggs, just that it increases your risk for getting type 2 diabetes.
Reminds me of the Edwina Currie statement over salmonella!
Lol!

Reactions: 6 people