Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Reactions: 2 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing new yet, but I hear there's a third book in the Tudor series almost ready for publishing and a new direction being taken on another novel.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just read in a day the new Jodi Taylor's novel about St Mary's.
She doesn't let you down brilliant!

Have also finished the millennium series, which starts, 'the girl with the Dragon tattoo'. Very good!

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
If you like a thriller.
The Final Days and Savage Blood by Alex Chance.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Just finished bk 3 of Soul Savers by Kristie Cook. I enjoyed these enough to get through 3 of the books, but by the end of bk 3 I just felt the author was stretching the story out to fill books, rather than write a new story, so I'm giving the series a break. I might go back to it and buy book 4.

I really liked Fairy, Texas by Margo Bond Collins (£1.87). As far as I know it's a one off, rather than a series, but I found it witty, well-written, with a great plot and good dialogue. Worth a read if you enjoy fantasy/supernatural stuff. I do read other genres - honest! I'm researching the YA paranormal market though - that's my excuse!

Am currently really enjoying The Language of Spells by Sarah Painter. It's very well written chick lit for people who are happy reading about the supernatural. Much better written than a lot of paranormal novels.
Try a box set called Hidden Worlds. I'm only on book 3 or 4 as I keep getting the rest of the series.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Will have a look.

I'm half way through 331/2 shenanigans by Denise Grover Swank. Really funny and well worth reading!
Next two short stories from Jodi Taylor just published.

Anything new from Ms Hale?
I've read the first of the 28 and a half wishes, will get the others soon, but seem to have so many to get through.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I've read the first of the 28 and a half wishes, will get the others soon, but seem to have so many to get through.
do try jodi taylors books, the first st marys novel is free on kinde (or 99p), you wont regret it.

there is another of that series due out later in the year.

never thought id be talking chic-lit on a forum!!!!!!!

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
do try jodi taylors books, the first st marys novel is free on kinde (or 99p), you wont regret it.

there is another of that series due out later in the year.

never thought id be talking chic-lit on a forum!!!!!!!
I have read the St Marys Series. Will come back to it later to see what new ones are out. I always seem to have a list of about 20 books to read.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have read the St Marys Series. Will come back to it later to see what new ones are out. I always seem to have a list of about 20 books to read.

Yeah I know what you mean!

Gonna start reading something starting next week, don't know what, plenty of choice.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My recent Kindle reads have been:
A Head for Murder (An Elizabethan Murder Mystery) by Peter Tonkin £1.99 - Just started this and it's fine so far. Set in exactly the same time, with at least one of the same characters, as Lesley Hale's books Witness http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HGULBU0 and An Act of Treason http://www.amazon.co.uk/Treason-Matthew-Reed-Tudor-Adventures-ebook/dp/B00KVIAWHW

No news yet on the third book from Lesley Hale. I guess it's a long haul on the editing process.

Between the Darkness and the Dawn: A Short Story by Paula Cappa - An interesting short story in the historical time slip/ghost genre as a prequel to her series. I may buy some more, but they're more expensive.

The Memory of Midnight by Pamela Hartshorne - This was on special offer and is now back to £4.29, which isn't a bad price for a book. Maybe we get too used to buying stuff for kindle for less or is that just me? Anyway, it was an enjoyable read - historical, timeslip, thriller, page turner.

Lamentation (The Shardlake series Book 6) by C. J. Sansom - I got this on a Kindle deal too, so it's now just over £4 - but so worth it. If you haven't read any of his books they are great. These Shardlake ones are set in the Tudor period (Henry VIII - same as Wolf Hall) and are crime thriller types.

Dead Witch in the River (A Lawson's Peak Mystery Book 1) by Roger Emile Stouff £1.99 - Crime with a supernatural theme - good read.

Psychic Storm: Ten Dangerously Sexy Tales of Psychic Witches, Vampires, Mediums, Empaths and Seers by
Deanna Chase, C.J. Ellisson, Dale Mayer, Heather Topham Wood, Hazel Hunter, Jesi Lea Ryan, JC Andrijeski, April Aasheim, Morgan Hannah MacDonald, Jordan Castillo Price - 99p - Ten books for 99p can't be bad. I've read a few of them now and they've been varied , but mostly good reads (be warned - some sex involved!).

Them's just some of my recent reads for reasonable prices.

Sancho panza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just finished
The pillow book of the flower samurai by Barbra Lazar
Quite enjoyable

Next up
I Claudius by Robert graves

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I can't find this set. Do you have a link?
I just had a look for it too and it appears to have been taken off sale. Strange. The ones I've enjoyed so far are Elsker by St Bende, and Everblue by Brenda Pandos. Both of those have about 3 books in the series I think.

It must have been some kind of deal I got as it's 20 full length books and I think I only paid 99p or £1.99. Bargain. Good way to get me to buy the other books though.