Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.3 / 7.9 / 7.8

Like to get those numbers lower as it's just bacon eggs and spinach for breakfast.

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before dinner last night 4.7
After dinner 1 he 5.3 2 hrs back to 4.7
Bedtime 5.2
Fasting this morning 5.3
Never went higher than the 2 hrs post dinner of 5.3 all day so a really good day! How pedantic is it that I will be irritated if I get higher 5's today??!!
Lots to do today relating to my last day of the season at the office yesterday.......could now have 12 weeks off, didn't happen last year and worked through on hotel reception, including Christmas- I have two applications in though and one to do!! Part of me could do with the break though

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@ally1 are you ok? Not seen posts for a while and worried about you.

Have you been able to see a health person about increasing a med to get levels a tad lower?

Sorry all others posting their levels... This posting was originally @ally1 and I'm more concerned about her levels n struggles....

Reactions: 4 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ally1 sorry I didn't realise this post was only for you.. I am sorry if you feel we have all hijacked it.... It was only because it was such a good idea

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It is brilliant to read everybodys postings.... Please, please carry on it's great.. Just missed seeing from ally1......

Got to be one of the biggest going postings ever?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It all helps with the motivation I think, like the morning fasting thread.

before tea 4.8
1hr after 5.7
2hrs after 5.3

:) well chuffed. I'm usually in the 6's

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before tea 4.6
After 6.8 which is high for me but the curry sauce was a treat.
Bedtime 6.6 so I'm expecting to be high in morning!

Reactions: 5 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last Night 0.35am 4.0
Fasting Pre Breakfast 5.1
1hr 7.8 FF Yogurt Strawberries, sprinkle with Granola & Flaxseed Tspn. 1 Slice of Seed sensations Hovis with butter & cheese
2hr Missed Testing shame
Pre Lunch 5.0
1hr 7.1 Ryvita Crackerbread with FF Philadelphia Ham, mustard, Olives 8, Tomato
2hr 5.3
Pre Dinner 4.6
1hr 5.4 Halibot, Spinach, Samfire, Green Beans, Mayo
2hr 5.2 Playing Badminton
Bedtime 0.35am 6.1 Whoops, just has a piece of White Stilton 15 mins ago.

alliebee

It is brilliant to read everybodys postings.... Please, please carry on it's great.. Just missed seeing from ally1......

Got to be one of the biggest going postings ever?
I agree we have taken over Allys thread. But we could maybe ask her to start a new one "Allys thread" when she gets back as I think she is missing the support..I know she has some concerns just now as we pm each other

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ahh......hope ally knows we all support her here and started posting ours to show support? Yes, love the idea of a new "ally only" thread !!
Pre dinner was 4.7
Post dinner 5.5
Bedtime 4.7
Decent day here in all, 5.5 was my high!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ally1. Do you think that's a good idea? Start a thread "Allys bs readings"
Then we all know where you are..then we can all help and find your posts easily x

Excellent idea. We have all derailed her thread, albeit unintentionally, and I do feel some of our low readings may be demoralising her. I know it would with me.

alliebee

Excellent idea. We have all derailed her thread, albeit unintentionally, and I do feel some of our low readings may be demoralising her. I know it would with me.
I agree. I got very low watching all the people post when I was in the teens before
Let us know what you think Ally
Think she is due home this morning

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree we have taken over Allys thread. But we could maybe ask her to start a new one "Allys thread" when she gets back as I think she is missing the support..I know she has some concerns just now as we pm each other
I love this!

Ally starts a thread. Everyone else moves in and takes over and then asks her to go away and start a different thread.

Priceless!

Good lot of friends you picked for yourself Ally :)

Seriously though, I think it's an excellent idea for Ally to start her own thread (again) :)

As much as logic tells me that what matters is the progress that my own counts make, that comparisons between diabetics are not valid as we all are different our insulin production and or glucose tolerance impaired by different degrees, are on different medications, have different starting points, I would find it very difficult to avoid comparisons if everyone else kept posting their numbers in my own thread.

The popularity of this thread speaks for itself and long may it continue but if Ally were to decide to start a new personal thread I for one would understand and applaud her.

Pavlos

Last edited by a moderator:

alliebee

It was me Pavlos. I thought about it and realised so many people post there, that didn't know its Allys thread. Would probably not realise...so thought maybe it would be easier for Ally to start a new one. Sort of phase 2? If I asked everyone to post somewhere else it may not work...I know it was a bit of a rude suggestion. I'm Allys bs buddy. We private message and I'm trying to be a good friend and support her...

Reactions: 7 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was me Pavlos. I thought about it and realised so many people post there, that didn't know its Allys thread. Would probably not realise...so thought maybe it would be easier for Ally to start a new one. Sort of phase 2? If I asked everyone to post somewhere else it may not work...I know it was a bit of a rude suggestion. I'm Allys bs buddy. We private message and I'm trying to be a good friend and support her...
@alliebee

I am aware that it was your suggestion, as I am aware that you and Allie are, sisters in crime so to speak, having had similar experiences with diabetes.

The first part of my own post was meant to be lighthearted.

I think your suggestion is an excellent one. I started following this thread only part way through and I must admit that I would not have known that this was Ally's personal thread had you not made reference to it in one of your posts.

I think when I started following, it was mostly the two of you posting but since then the thread has in a way became a victim of its own success with lots of people joining in and posting their results.

It's up to Ally of course how she wants to proceed.

When I started my own thread/blog I called it a "personal diary" and I have found the experience of having somewhere to record facts/feelings/thoughts therapeutic. I think because of the name, although people do post to make the occasional comment, and they are very welcome to do so, the thread remains clearly to this date very much my own private space.

Pavlos

Reactions: 3 people