Massive urination question

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to know why I urinate so much all the time even if my blood sugar is in two figures most of the time, is driving me crazy. I have 3 + KETONES in my urine because I eat really poorly in the last two weeks. The doctor said I have type 2 or prediabetes his not sure but I feel like I have the mother of diabetes. When will this urinating stop because I had enough. I've lost 16kg in 40 days.

Thank you.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 figures?
Are you talking about in mmol
Have you had your blood tested for diabetes
Are you awaiting test results?

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not sure but the doctor said is safe if is under 5... also I have some prostate infection from all the urinating.

The FSB was 80 mg/ml and the glucose test after 2 hours was 188 mg/dl.

Also I received:

C PEPTIDE 1,620 ng/ml - ref values (1,1 - 4,4)

Insulin 7,82 mU/L ref values (3 - 25).

The doctor said that he thinks is prediabetes. I fear is type 1.

I would appreciate some advice.

WilliamEE

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The only thing I can add is that stress can cause you to urinate more.

So if you have been stressed this could be part of the cause. If you are obsessing about urinating that will probably make you feel the urge to go the toilet more.

Also prostate issues can cause more frequent urination.

However, your doctor should run appropriate tests to help put your mind to rest.

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sounds like it's the prostrate/urinary track infection, drink lots of water and take your antibiotics and see the dr again before they run out

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the answers.

What about my results, any thoughts?

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please guys I would like to know more opinions about my case because I am so broken and sad and without hope at this time, I feel like my life is over. The doctor said is prediabetes based on the results but then why I feel so terrible.

Today I felt well until I got up of bed and made a few steps, then I started to get really weak, to sweat even if outside is cold, dizzy and confused.

I am always thirsty and in 24 hours I urinated about 4 liters.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not sure but the doctor said is safe if is under 5... also I have some prostate infection from all the urinating.

The FSB was 80 mg/ml and the glucose test after 2 hours was 188 mg/dl.

Also I received:

C PEPTIDE 1,620 ng/ml - ref values (1,1 - 4,4)

Insulin 7,82 mU/L ref values (3 - 25).

The doctor said that he thinks is prediabetes. I fear is type 1.

I would appreciate some advice.

Your FSB and the 2hr glucose test appear normal non-diabetic to me
I'm afraid I know nothing of the C Peptide test, so can't help there, but you may find your answer if you Google this. This may tell you if you have Type 1 or not.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Impaired glucose tolerance (IGT): A person is said to have impaired glucose tolerance when the fasting plasma glucose is less than 126 mg/dl and the two hour glucose level is between 140 and 199 mg/dl. This is sometimes referred to as "prediabetes" because people with IGT have a higher risk of developing diabetes."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=46359&page=5

Your fasting glucose of 89mg/dl (4,9 mmol) is in the non diabetic range.
Your glucose intolerance test result at two hours of 188mg/dl (10,4 mmol) is in the pre diabetic range indicating that you have some degree of insulin resistance.

With these results you are unlikely to be a diabetic, whether t1 or t2, and are probably pre diabetic but only your doctor can give you a proper diagnosis.

I too am not familiar with the C peptide test. All I know is that it is an indirect way of measuring insulin production by the pancreatic beta cells. Both your c-peptide and insulin results appear to be within the ranges you list, which I assume are the normal ranges.

Pavlos

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Are you in the uk, if so I would call GP and get an appointment and discuss the results with him properly, he should be either able to tell you what it is or offer more tests to get to the bottom of it.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I suspect your prostate infection may be the cause of your feeling down. As well as the antibiotics etc have you had the usual checks for an enlarged prostate. A TRUS (Trans Rectal Ultra Scan) can show a lot. I had prostate surgery earlier this year and a quick TRUS scan by the urologist showed the size and regularity

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Pavlos for your detailed explanation.

I don't understand what is happening to me then, should I feel so bad at this values lose 16 kg in 30 days and after I eat an apple after one hour to have my blood glucose 150 mg/dl, urinate massive quantities, blurry vision so dizzy and confused. I am in bad for about 40 days now, if I try to make a few steps I feel even dizzier. I am a software developer and now is hard to think what is 23x7...

It is insane what is happening to me and makes no sense.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect your prostate infection may be the cause of your feeling down. As well as the antibiotics etc have you had the usual checks for an enlarged prostate. A TRUS (Trans Rectal Ultra Scan) can show a lot. I had prostate surgery earlier this year and a quick TRUS scan by the urologist showed the size and regularity

I made all possible tests even a brain RMN. What was wrong high collesterol, low HDL, creatinine a bit higher.

Ok but before the prostate inflammation I felt the same, the prostate inflamed after the massive and repeated urinating started.

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Before I eat my glucose is between 80 and 120, after two slices of bread after an hour it gets up to 200mg/dl, I start to get more dizzy like I am drunk, if I eat low carb I get to a maximum of 150 after one hour.

How large should glucose be to affect you in such a way to make you a vegetable like in my case.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ tibi

I really feel for you. To be ill and not know what is wrong must be torture.

For anyone of us to start speculating as to what might be wrong with you would to say the least be irresponsible. It would serve no purpose other than to put ideas into your head and stress you even more.

Even if we were medically trained, which most of us clearly are not, diagnosing someone over the Internet is insanity.

You need to get back to your doctor and ask for more tests until you have your answer.

If no answer is given then go to a different doctor.

I wish you the best, especially a full and speedy recovery.

Pavlos

Reactions: 2 people

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. The doctor said is prediabetes. I will.go with that for now and I hope things will be better, right now I am a mess.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. The doctor said is prediabetes. I will.go with that for now and I hope things will be better, right now I am a mess.
Most people with pre diabetes do not show the kind of symptoms you describe. In fact most would probably not even be aware they had it until tested.
I would insist on more tests.
Even diabetes only causes weight loss when glucose levels reach very high levels.

Pavlos

tibi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok. I will see what can I do at my doctor, but I don't have glucose in the urine.