What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon dry fried egg
Lunch onion and cheddar soup from deli soya latte 1 sq dark choc.. Burnt my mouth on souo and BS was up at 2hrs to 5.9!!! Back to 4.3 about 1/2 later.
Dinner smoked turkey from deli, stir fry onions , mushrooms, bamboo shoots and beansprouts, 4 oven skin on wedges and a big dollop curry sauce. My fake Chinese takeaway tea. Peddled for half an hour afterwards so hoping 2 hrs is not too bad.

6.5 at 2hrs which is ok given the size of the dollop of curry sauce and the mound of stirfry I had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - coffee with coconut oil
mid morning - Greek yoghurt sprinkled with flaked almonds and few fresh raspberries
L - slice of ham, half avocado, 10g blue Stilton and sprinkling of pine nuts
D - oven baked salmon fillet, runner beans and courgettes sautéed in butter and mixed herbs
Sugar-free blackcurrant jelly
1 square Lindt 90% chocolate

= 86 calories remaining....:D

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Cheesefest:

B - cheese omelette
L - cheddar, mixed nuts, creamy decaf
D - Edam tacos with guacamole, spicy veg, salsa, soured cream, pickled jalapeños and more cheese
Still to come - bourbon and coke

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people

alliebee

I know I can't understand it. The only other thing I could think of was possibly that I was stressed at work today. Will have another try tomorrow
I may try it again too. I used to love it and one day got an 11 so stopped. I've learned ir may be something wlse now

Reactions: 2 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, the Edam tacos look amazing.

Me today:

Skipped breakfast (it was just one of those mornings with the babies).

L: meatballs with salad, Mayo, bit of grated cheese.

D: takeaway curry: no rice, chicken saag (so not really much sauce), mutter paneer but leaving most of the peas, aubergine curry, served with veg I prepared (cavallo Nero and courgette with a bit of grated red cabbage). This meal is my one takeaway treat at the moment.

I've felt a bit bloated and weird for a few days. My younger son has just turned 6 months and has gone onto solids so I think is breastfeeding a bit less; I wonder if my hormones are adjusting.

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh *allibee* I can't tolerate porridge well either. Especially in the mornings. It's eggs for me every morning!

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I tried Greek yoghurt with raspberries and NO oats for breakfast this morning. Two hours later my bg was 4.5, so it must have been the oats. I'm going to try again with a small amount of oats and see how it goes tomorrow. I'm also experimenting ( or should that be eggsperimenting, haha!) with eggs. I never usually eat them as I have always found them a bit indigestible, but am willing to give anything a try!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I tried Greek yoghurt with raspberries and NO oats for breakfast this morning. Two hours later my bg was 4.5, so it must have been the oats. I'm going to try again with a small amount of oats and see how it goes tomorrow. I'm also experimenting ( or should that be eggsperimenting, haha!) with eggs. I never usually eat them as I have always found them a bit indigestible, but am willing to give anything a try!

I put Flaxseed on my Greek yogurts and strawberries. It has no carbs, plenty of protein and packed with fibre. It is tasteless but can be gritty unless you stir it all up.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

My fbg today was
7.1 codefree
5.8 nano

Same blob of blood :confused: I think I will just have to do my best and assume that, as long as they don't show cricket scores, then I'm doing ok.

Taking the milk thistle now. Have been Christmas shopping today so have only been snacking on cheese and creamy decaf. Too knackered to cook dinner. I want something delicious and I want it now! :spitoutdummy::D

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find eggs fine for a day or two (e.g. Scrambled) but more than that and things start to bung up...
Unless I add veg. Spanish omelette is perfect.
So, for me, eggs need to be accompanied by non-eggs for regular consumption. ;)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 3 x bacon, 2 x mushrooms, 1 poached egg and a slice of fried bread
L - tomatoe and olive salad with a teaspoon of olive oil and smoked German cheese and a little feta
D - cauliflower cheese and peas
S - 9bar and too many peanuts :(

Stealing myself for some more of my new diabetic friendly cough medicine

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheesefest:

B - cheese omelette
L - cheddar, mixed nuts, creamy decaf
D - Edam tacos with guacamole, spicy veg, salsa, soured cream, pickled jalapeños and more cheese
Still to come - bourbon and coke

5njgg0.jpg
Oh my those look amazing.... I think I need to try these but I might have to have a little mince on mine. Did you find that the taco's affected your BS.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
B home made cereal ground nuts a tablespoon of porrage oats a table spoon ful of linseed and a spoonfull of sultanas.
Home made broccoli and cheese soup and a slice of brown toast.
D steak and onions green beans carrots and caulflour.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Oh my those look amazing.... I think I need to try these but I might have to have a little mince on mine. Did you find that the taco's affected your BS.
Hiya :) No, they didn't affect my bs. They were just Edam slices which are only 0.1g carbs per 100g. Stuck two slices together, 6 minutes in the oven, then bent over a wooden spoon handle and left to cool. They weren't crispy as I hoped, but it meant I could roll them up like a tortilla wrap.

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast black pudding dry fried egg bacon mushrooms
lunch ham and egg mayo salad in a box as out
dinner naughty indian meal poppadum, onion bajhia, lamb curry and saag paneer
stuffed and feel a bit jittery as also had normal diet coke which I should know I can't drink!

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Chia seeds are fantastic for filling you up and fibre for toilet problems too

I've been on the lookout for chia seeds but no sightings as yet. I bought some quinoa but not sure what to do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.