Health Questionnaire After Job Offer

ther

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I have been type 1 for almost 10 years, and have had good control of it. Recently I got a job offer from a UK university, and they asked me to fill out a health questionnaire, which asks if I have diabetes. Should I disclose my medical condition? I am worried that if I tell them I am diabetic, my offer might be withdrawn. Thanks for your advice.

nancyb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, declare it, because you could have big problems further down the line if you don't. I don't think they could withdraw the offer unless there was something about the job that is a health risk to diabetics.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are more likely to lose the job if you don't declare it and it is found out later, than if you do declare it.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Ther and welcome to the forum.
Yes you must disclose all your medical conditions as requested on the health questionnaire.
You should be aware of your health risk with regard to the actual requirements for the job. You can advise your new employers of this in due coarse.
Best of luck.

ther

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all for your advices. Then I will put my condition on the questionnaire. As this is a teaching position, I don't think diabetes would influence my ability to carry out the duty. I hope they have the same understanding.:)

Reactions: 3 people

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have good control and no complications, then I would add a statement to that effect on the questionnaire.