Safe snacks?

Pepsi Max

Hi. I am type 1 since 2005 & wear an insulin pump. As of May this year I am working with my pre natal clinic to bring my HbA1c down to the recommended target. I've increased all my ratios, basal & bolus rates & have been checking my bloods approx 10-12 times a day including an hour after meals. My question is I'm hypo a LOT now. Does anyone have snack suggestions? Preferably something that won't shoot my bloods up & doesn't nessessarily need insulin...

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

mojo_101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi pepsi max,
Since pumping I (usually) need to take less to correct a low, but it does still need to be quick acting, so if I over-do it, I will then go high... so I take less than I used to... but with the exception that if I have been exercising, or am still exercising, then I may need to take a lot more than a sitting-down type adjustment, as my BG may still be dropping if I have been exercising for a while.

Does that make sense? I thought that it was worth describing exercise as it is significantly different for me.

Good luck.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Exercise deff makes my levels drop...but after eating my supper I realy do not like going out walking the dog as it not always safe to do so....

Fedral144

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thought this might help some pregnant ladies understand G.D. a bit better.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Check out the low carb section for foods, snack, recipes, cakes, etc. with minimal blood glucose impact.