Got my new SD Codefree but the setup instructions are very confusing

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, silly me! I did not realise had to press button..... I just let go off the bottom bit! So will try it properly tomorrow, thank you for that. Think I missed that bit on the instructions [hard to read them at same time as doing it even though read them a couple times before]

Reactions: 2 people

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Managed to do it this morning but not very easy and had to set it at 4 and my fingers are small and delicate!

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But could not get it to stab me 2 hrs after lunch, wasted three strips, and got irritated. So gave up. Will try again tomorrow. Have decided this finger pricked thingy does not work properly.

cairnlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So emailed company that the meter came from via Amazon and a nice lady has replied to say that they will send me another one out in post today!
So nice when you get good customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But could not get it to stab me 2 hrs after lunch, wasted three strips, and got irritated. So gave up. Will try again tomorrow. Have decided this finger pricked thingy does not work properly.

Prick your finger and get a blood drop before you fully insert the test strip. This will minimise wasted strips.

Denthezen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the code free I have tough skin due to guitar playing. Set the depth to 2.5 load the lancet needle buy pulling out the grey plunger. It doesn't need much blood just touch the blood with the edge of the strip it will suck what it needs then counts down from 5 to1 before it gives you result. Don't drip the blood on top of the strip like some machines do. Beauty of the code free strips are cheap, as I have to buy my own.