Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
A lot of soft stuff today
Porridge
Mash with tuna and soft boiled veg
Homemade Scotch Broth
Salad

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Hi AV,
I too have had no change, I was originally taking in the morning but changed to have with evening meal hoping it would have a better effect, but no change, no side affects so will keep up, considering double the dose to see if helps at all, hopefully it's helping our livers in the long term like most reviews state :)
Can't get my fbs below 9 currently, last few days have gone to bed at BS of 7 but awoke at high 9's!!
Last night I forgot to take the MT with my evening meal then was out at the school concert for hours. Ended up taking it about midnight and woke up with a record breaking 6.0. Maybe a fluke, but I am going to try taking it before bed and see if that helps.

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I tried milk thistle this time last year. I think it helped over christmas and i was surprised i could indulge a little without too high readings. After a while though, I started experiencing hormonal issues and read that Milk thistle can mimic oestrogen, so i stopped taking it. Could have been unrelated though.
Thanks for the heads up. I thought my menopause had kicked off last year. Turned out to be diabetes. If my hormones go wonky now, I won't know whether to put it down to the milk thistle or just general wear and tear, but I'll keep an eye on it :cyclops:

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I should have mentioned I have jaw pain at the mo and the mashed potatoes were naughty. I am an insulin user and have been eating a soft diet lately. Needed the spuds to avoid hypos. In general I eat low carb.

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you feel better soon Eddie. My sister had a neck operation recently and could only eat soft food for weeks (and is a low carber too, a non-diabetic) and basically lived off egg mayonnaise. I got gem squashes in the veg box one week though and gave them to her as they make a lovely mash.

My food today: B: 2 boiled eggs, L: cafe lunch of bacon, sausage, poached egg, tomato, spinach, mushrooms. Half of one of my son's fish fingers (a habit I am trying to break but at least I stay away from his chips). Snack of almonds and cheddar. D: roast chicken, lettuce tomato and cucumber, bit of goats cheese, mayonnaise (got out to the supermarket so bought some good stuff so as not to eat the inlaws' "99% fat free" stuff).

I was hungry before dinner. Hunger when low carbing is weirdly different, isn't it? So different to sugar crash hunger.

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
Can I just ask. Ive had a breakfast of bacon mushrooms and eggs...fancy frozen raspberries and full fat greek yoghurt. How many raspberries would be good? Half a cup? Thanks

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Can I just ask. Ive had a breakfast of bacon mushrooms and eggs...fancy frozen raspberries and full fat greek yoghurt. How many raspberries would be good? Half a cup? Thanks
I think there are about 4g of carbs per 100g in raspberries. So I usually aim for 50g or less in a serving and I am o.k with that. 50g is about a dozen raspberries, so probably the same as half a cup or a small handful. I believe raspberries are the best type of berry you can have.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Oh I just noticed you fancy yoghurt not cream, make sure to factor any carbs into it too!

lcarter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My pancreas
I had greek natural yoghurt 'total' just tested and levels are good so must've worked! Just about to have two hard boiled eggs with a tuna salad with olive oil. Yum

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Not all that much to be honest, but it amounted to 10 grams of carbohydrates for the whole day. Just wanting to test and see if FBG falls further , will stick with it for a week and we shall see.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast boiled egg 1 small slice spelt bread
Lunch pate, celery, baby carrot, baby bel and 1/2 oz cheddar
Dinner pork casserole, peas, possibly a potato croquette

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well chuffed.

4pm was 5.3mmol/l, 90 mins after a 9bar
What is really interesting is that it shows my insulin resistance is at the lowest it goes - and was nearly as low yesterday when I got a 5.7

(I have 2 indications of IR; the levels of my pre-meal readings, and the achy, heavy limbs, lack of energy, apathy...)

Considering that The Cassoulet Disaster was just 48 hrs ago, with BG peak of 10+ then I am contemplating a curiosity... Normally BG over 8 means I'm going to have heavy limbs, lethargy and raised insulin resistance for a few days. But The Cassoulet (beans, but no grains) has NOT caused IR, despite that 10+!

Could this mean that different carbs impact my IR differently?
:pompous::bookworm::writer:

B: Coffeencream with a coyo
S: 2 squares 70% choc
L: Tinned salmon with mayo
S: will be Pork with prunes and cream, broccoli, sugarsnaps, green beans and maybe berries&cream
(Virtually the same as yesterday)

Reactions: 3 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was hungry before dinner. Hunger when low carbing is weirdly different, isn't it? So different to sugar crash hunger.

That's so Right. I find now I rarely get hungry, but when I do its more like a gentle nudge rather than the gnawing, ravenous, craving hunger I used to get. Neither does it make me want to demolish anything I can get my hands on!

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B small porridge (pre 9.9 too scared to test after)
L 2 sausage 3 bacon & 2 fried eggs (pre 7.4 two hrs after 7.1)
D courgettey bolognese
P 3 sq G&B 70% choc (pre 6.1 two hrs after tbc)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - tomatoe and 1oz of Germany cheese with olives and a teaspoon of olive oil
L - small mug of vegetable soup and slice of crustless quiche
D - chicken curry with broccoli
S - handful of nuts

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Poached egg, ham, tomatoes, mushrooms and BUTTER
L: Mixed leaf salad, avocado, cucumber, celery, tomato, white cabbage, smoked mackerel, dressing of olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and horseradish
D: skin-on chicken, leek & mushroom casserole with steamed courgette, cabbage and cauli, cream added to the sauce after Mrs D had hers (she doesn't like cream!)

Reactions: 7 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B: Edam omelette
L: almonds, creamy decaf with coconut oil
D: two Quorn fillets with ratatouille and broccoli in cheese sauce
S: more coffee and 85% chocolate

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

B small porridge (pre 9.9 too scared to test after)
L 2 sausage 3 bacon & 2 fried eggs (pre 7.4 two hrs after 7.1)
D courgettey bolognese
P 3 sq G&B 70% choc (pre 6.1 two hrs after tbc)
Hi Weirdy. Just noticed that you use insulin. Could your recent higher than desired fbg be related to that rather than your diet? A tweak needed maybe? Sorry, I don't know anything about how it works. Just wondering.

Took the MT again before bed last night and scored 6.2 this morning. I am on a hat trick for another low 6 tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.