Thank you!! Please read if you are a regular T2 poster.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations Sam .. It's fantastic news .. :cat::cat::cat:
@alliebee, you have a brilliant Dr .. Cherish him and give him all the support he needs .. Good Drs are very hard to come by .. I know this from very painful experience.. :happy::happy::happy:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Have we got the same doc?
I remember when you joined! Good for you! Lchf rocks!

Reactions: 2 people

Kris80

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed in sept this year with hba1c of 13.9. I joined this form in a panic and found loads of really good practical and supportive advice. I cut my carbs to 60g a day or below and increased fats. I bought a meter and tested how different foods affected me. (Some surprises- good and bad!) I followed the stories of loads of people on here and posted occasionally and got really useful advice that was never patronising or judgemental.

3 months later my hba1c is 7.1 and I'm delighted!!!!!! I've lost over a stone and reduced my cholesterol.

Aiming for 6.5 in next 3 months and to lose the final bit of weight. The doctor said my control was quote "excellent" and to carry on. Resisted the urge to tell him that he told me my LCHF approach was ridiculous and dangerous 2 months ago ( but I think he remembers!)

Just wanted to say thank you to the people who regularly post and have kept me inspired and on track probably without knowing it.

Well done Sam... Very Happy to see those numbers coming down.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Great Sam ,and congratulations

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type