mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
forgot to do it :( hectic day :(

what can i have for breakfast ie not cooked cereal type stuff egg is doing my head in lol

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Try ham and avocado with full fat mayo',or bean sprouts and prawns cooked in butter ::))

Reactions: 2 people

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
i hate eating in the morning if i do i prefer breakfast stuff is porridge no good or oats

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Most of us avoid cereals as they tend to spike our bloods , have you tried full fat Greek yogurt with berries? I make my own pan fried "bread" fresh each morning ( 1tablespoon of almond flour,2eggs , quarter pint of milk ,2 ozs of cheese, whisk it all together and pan fry,)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Not really the almond flour makes it more bread like you can add more almond or coconut flour and some baking powder this makes it thicker if you like

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
sounds interesting ill have bash at that weekend

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
am i right in saying if u have carbs its the witch sugars part i need to follow as on real low carbs but just making sure doing it right lol

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
am i right in saying if u have carbs its the witch sugars part i need to follow as on real low carbs but just making sure doing it right lol

No. You can ignore the of which sugars. Look for the Total Carbohydrates amount. That is the important one. (sugars are included in that)

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, No it's the carbs, I far as I understand it the 'of which sugars' you have to ignore.

Neil

mossy77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
nothing
opps so doing it wrong i thought it was the carbs that turned into sugars that effects the blood ie makes it rise

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No. You can ignore the of which sugars. Look for the Total Carbohydrates amount. That is the important one. (sugars are included in that)
Hi Bluetit I was going to say we posted at the same time the above but it was obviously ladies first......:p

Reactions: 3 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Yes , potatoes,rice,bread,pasta are all high in carbohydrates and put up blood sugars , did you check out the dbuk lchf ? Many here have followed this way of eating and got very good control of their blood sugars

Reactions: 3 people