Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'd like the choice of meat, so your not being grumpy Dave :)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all, support and understanding always welcome.

I was given the "feedback" via my wife this evening that according to my sister in law I was entirely out of order to be grumpy and to point out the effect of the menu choices on my stress levels. I very nearly didn't go in the first place anyway as I'm up to my eyeballs in work this time of year and this was in effect a completely non-productive afternoon. I'm sure that would have been equally unacceptable.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

I was given the "feedback" via my wife this evening that according to my sister in law I was entirely out of order to be grumpy and to point out the effect of the menu choices on my stress levels. I very nearly didn't go in the first place anyway as I'm up to my eyeballs in work this time of year and this was in effect a completely non-productive afternoon. I'm sure that would have been equally unacceptable.

**** her.
Not literally.

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!

Nope! Medical needs beat ethical needs in this instance. Don't often recommend a chain but what about cafe rouge? Or a tapas bar is always good next time. Hugs anyway!

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Best break out the old coal tar soap Scandichick
Bring back the nit nurse. Political correctness gone mad. County policy is that school can't tell individuals. Only send blanket letters. As I am a rebel, I ring parents and tell them. Mr scandi used to work in a children's home and got in to trouble for refusing a child access to the communal lounge until she had treated her hair. Ridiculous. Apparently it affected her rights and dignity! What about the rights of the rest of us not to have the **** things in our hair. If our girls get them then it's instant chemicals. ****** tea tree oil and conditioner! I have now got to go to work with chip pan hair ( I have dry shampooed it and shampooed it 3 times after treatment) and we all know how merciless teenagers can be. Even though my Hyde is as thick as a rhinoceros although no longer as big! :D

Reactions: 5 people

Auckland Canary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I be the only one to disagree? I don't think it's a case of a medical condition trumping a lifestyle choice or vice versa. However sometimes we have to do things in life that we don't want to and just get on with them.
Yes you are a diabetic but a few carbs aren't going to kill you. All you've done is ****** your wife off which in my opinion is inviting trouble for months to come.
Personally I am a vege as well as T1 yet I have been served meat bolognaise at someone's house (meat and carbs) but just got on with it and said thank you that was a lovely meal.
So yes you are a grumpy old git :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Personally I am a vege as well as T1 yet I have been served meat bolognaise at someone's house (meat and carbs) but just got on with it and said thank you that was a lovely meal.

If you eat meat then, by definition, you are not a vegetarian.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can I be the only one to disagree? I don't think it's a case of a medical condition trumping a lifestyle choice or vice versa. However sometimes we have to do things in life that we don't want to and just get on with them.
Yes you are a diabetic but a few carbs aren't going to kill you. All you've done is ****** your wife off which in my opinion is inviting trouble for months to come.
I guess the point is that both sets of needs should be catered for. The carbs may not kill you but they can make you feel really ill.

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
What's cooler down the pub?

My foot, yes shark in '14,

or

diabetes complications?
Depends on how much is left.......
image.jpg

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can disagree.

But I'd also disagree that you're a vegetarian if you're that ready to eat meat.

Anyway, my point is not whether I CAN eat carbs or not, but whether i should be given the choice or not.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think that the precondition for such events should be "its only good when its good [ suitable ] for everybody".

VinnyJames

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It annoys me when people just tell other people what they want to hear. That helps no-one in the long term.

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Where does it stop...... Better to upset inconsiderate individuals than to suffer complications in later life. I love my feet, Kidney, Eyes and general wellbeing more than................

CathytheChef

So ... Because one person was vegetarian everyone had to eat vegetarian? By the same reasoning how dare they eat cake in front of you lol

I'm also a vegetarian and have T1 ... Having worked as a chef for 10 years I generally just ask them to make me something special if what I want isn't on the menu. I never mind what people eat in front of me - they make their choices and I make mine.

I don't think you're being a grumpy old git - I woulda been ****** too!

Reactions: 6 people

Auckland Canary

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where does it stop...... Better to upset inconsiderate individuals than to suffer complications in later life. I love my feet, Kidney, Eyes and general wellbeing more than................
Yes but 1 meal is not going to do those things to you is it. If it is happening all the time then yes but as a one off just go with the flow.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@ Aukland Canary. I dont agree with this "go with the flow", I made a big effort to go LCHF and dont want to be derailed just to conform with others.

Reactions: 7 people