Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Woohoo!! 5.4 post lasagne, lettuce, tomato and piece of garlic bread. 2.5 hrs post as, despite kit being on top of list of things to take to my friend's with food, I forgot to take it with me. Pretty chuffed wth that. Will do a 2hr test tomo at lunchtime. Just the lasagne, not the extras
Well done...Lasagne and Garlic bread....GREAT number!

Reactions: 7 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
73 mg/dl or 4.06 mmoles/l.........................reflecting a very low carbohydrate intake yesterday, 10.7 grams net

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 17 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 this morning. Still batteling with this UTI infection and NHS in general. ....

Reactions: 19 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
84mg/dl or 4,66 mmol/l today.

I did not really like the fact that my last hba1c, although still in the non diabetic range actually showed a rise from 33 to 38. So knowing that Christmas is coming up, I decided that this is the best time to aim for even lower levels than usual to built up a head of steam so to speak, so I have been going lower carb over the last three days and my fasting levels reflect this with 4s where I would normally get 5s

I am feeling less able to concentrate on the lower carbs though.

Talking of Christmas,

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418879713.727868.jpg

I went to my son's school for their Christmas carol concert last night, which always feels like the start of the Christmas season proper.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418879066.513181.jpg

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1418879243.052182.jpg

Be good

Pavlos

Reactions: 23 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
3.9, retested 4.0, methinks drinking with some Russian friends yesterday may have something to do with this.

However feel fine, so a carby breakfast of 2 slices or Burgen toast.

Keep well

Reactions: 17 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning 5.1
Very surprised as late last night realised after a busy day I hadn't taken my normal morning dose of forxiga, first time ever ! Now making me wonder about what gp said last week about stopping my forxiga in January.......

Reactions: 18 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone for your kind words on Sunday. I didn't actually feel too good with such low bs (4.8/5.3) so cancelled my PT session as I had no energy and went back to bed.

My daughter and granddaughter arrived in the evening by which time I'd rallied enough to prepare the fatted calf....;) Its been chaotic since they arrived and I feel as if I'm the one with a new baby as I'm getting disturbed nights, and helping with the night feeds! It was 3pm one day before I managed to put some make-up on! Pluses are lots of daytime cuddles, winding sessions and walks in the shiny new pink stroller I bought to keep at home for them

After Sunday's blip, I'm keeping steady 6's and mostly 5's in the daytime. Yesterday we had a big road trip to Essex to meet 17 relatives for a pre Christmas restaurant lunch. We arrived a tad late due to traffic delays so missed the starters. I chose pork medallians in a dijon mustard sauce as my main, skipped the potatoes had the carrots and roasted parsnips as they were the only veg, apart from red cabbage. I managed to decline the sticky toffee pudding, Christmas pud and all the other carb laden sweets and asked for a plate of cheese. I lusted after the turkey roast most of the others had until I saw it was swimming in very thick gravy.

Checked my bs before getting behind the wheel for the 4 hour drive home and I was 7.3.

Fasting bs this week have been

Mon - 6.3
Tues - 6.8
Weds - 6.2
Thurs - 6.5

which I'm pleasantly surprised at given the disturbed nights. massive disruption to routine and a fridge stocked with Christmas food which I'm managing to avoid, but for a couple of mini mince pies which caused a small, temporary spike of 7.3

I've missed you all here but will have to wait until next week to catch up on all the posts.

Hope everyone is still doing well and enjoying the Christmas preps

Reactions: 20 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.6 this morning. This is my first reading under 5 in a morning so I'm really pleased with it :)

Reactions: 21 people
Status
Not open for further replies.