Made up my mind

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
After hours of research on here and the rest of the interweb I've decided to make the jump to a Roche Insight. Opinion from those of you using it has been positive and from what I can make out on the manufacturer sites, it has the best features for what I need.

I'm currently using the Medtronic Veo and was a bit disappointed that they couldn't give me any details about their new one coming out in 2015. And their attempt at a sales pitch was poor to say the least. So Insight here I come. Has anyone made this change already? Any tips for smoothing the transition from one to the other? Am expecting to have a setup clinic but would like to go in armed with questions.

I'm going to have to wait until Feb by the looks of it, but am sure the time will fly.

Reactions: 2 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How long have you been using the Veo..........?

I am using this too but don't know when they get replaced.......

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
4 years is the standard warranty period... from date of purchase. My healthcare trust bought it in Dec 2010, I started using it Feb 2011.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
started on it on Monday having abandoned the CellNovo.

As far as I'm concerned it's a different world and I hould have held out for this to start with. It really is the mutt's nuts of pumps and I've found very few features I don't like so far.