need help please!! urgent

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay so i hardly ever get low blood sugars but yesterday after a cheese toastie i fekt low so i tested and it was 4.3 so i ate more like biscuits and sugar juice and it only went up to about 6. It took ages to go up and today right now i felt low again.. had my breakfast etc and i have done my readings and it was 6.8 as it isnt usually this i drank some sugary juice a whole bottle infact (small doctor pepper ) and checked my readings again and it was 5.8!!! It had went down?! Ill check what thhey are justmow before posting.... 6.7! Its hardly budging atall :( never had this problem as i can remember , the onky other medication i am on is anxiety tablets and if misses i do feel weird as i was told not to urgently stop them, i havent took my tablet for today, please help need reasurance im worried :(

C

catherinecherub

Hi bigboi,

I see from your profile that you are Type 1 on insulin. You haven't mentioned about your insulin as people need to know your regime and what you have injected in order for them to help you.

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi bigboi,

I see from your profile that you are Type 1 on insulin. You haven't mentioned about your insulin as people need to know your regime and what you have injected in order for them to help you.

Im on novamix 30 - 46 in morning, 40 at tea

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You need to reduce your insulin dose or eat more carbs with your meals if these hypo's are a daily occurrence, speak with your DSN if your unsure how to do this, whilst you speak with them ask about going onto a basal/bolus insulin regime, this is a much better option and you can be more flexible around meal times.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
T1 = Type one. Thank you @noblehead for answering. I get very frustrated when someone needs help and no T1's answer. I would have said exactly what you just said, but as a T2 not on insulin :(

negative comment unnecessary , edited - anna29

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to reduce your insulin dose or eat more carbs with your meals if these hypo's are a daily occurrence, speak with your DSN if your unsure how to do this, whilst you speak with them ask about going onto a basal/bolus insulin regime, this is a much better option and you can be more flexible around meal times.
Thanks alot! What would u suggest to eat, i only put the insulim up to 40 from 38 last week this is the only two days it has happend, does that mean its not to worry about?! I worry too much it makes me ill and overthink :(.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks alot! What would u suggest to eat, i only put the insulim up to 40 from 38 last week this is the only two days it has happend, does that mean its not to worry about?! I worry too much it makes me ill and overthink :(.

It looks like you've increased it by too much, having postprandial hypo's 2 days in a row means you need to reduce your doses, I've not used Novomix 30 before so unable to offer any experience with using this insulin, as I say have a word with your DSN, just ring the clinic up and ask to speak with one, if they are unavailable they will usually ring you back.

Reactions: 2 people

bigboi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It looks like you've increased it by too much, having postprandial hypo's 2 days in a row means you need to reduce your doses, I've not used Novomix 30 before so unable to offer any experience with using this insulin, as I say have a word with your DSN, just ring the clinic up and ask to speak with one, if they are unavailable they will usually ring you back.
Thanks really appreciated ill try putting it back to 38!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Thanks really appreciated ill try putting it back to 38!

But do speak with your DSN, as I say, for flexibilty around meals times basal/bolus (multiple daily injections) is much better option as you can skip meals and adjust your insulin to the food (carbs) you eat.

Reactions: 4 people

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
With replies to posts there can be variable time responses .
This happens from time to time .

Busy lives , work for a living etc , Christmas madness on the streets
is current and real now (I just got back from it all in my local town!)
certain circumstances can delay a quicker response .

When you/we are so worried - we seek an answer 'asap' don't we .
Members are amazing here so positive, friendly and helpful .
Find much needed great support and help reaches the posts .

Noblehead has given you some great support in his posts here .
Like he suggests do get in touch with your DSN or GP if unsure of things .
Try not to over worry or over think things - as this will just add to
you feeling more anxious/stressed .
Stress can and does raise the BG levels .

Do let us know how things go - it is helpful to hear of an update .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people