Troubles with LCHF

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It must be very hard for you, being in a student environment. I do understand.

Bluetit, its not the student environment that is hard for me. I have been in a bar several times without having a sip of alcohol and with my mates all really drunk and I feel ok, but when I am stressed I feel like i need just a pint of beer to relax my body.

Your right @akindrat18, there must be some give in control. It would be interesting to know what type of beer is best for diabetics these days.
I would prefer 1 pint of strong beer rather than 2 pints of low c beer. ( in my day beer was real, so be careful of the modern ingredients )
I am not to sure what the drinking policies are these days regarding Universities etc; I am sure you are sensible enough to drink wisely.
Best of luck.:)

I am sensible when it comes to drinking as something personally happened and it involved too much alcohol. Like last night I had 4 pints of coors light from 6pm to 11pm and then drank water at the bar as it was free and the pints were like £3. I did not get back home until 5:30am as the event was on until 7am. Also the last time that I had any alcohol was on Halloween

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Out last night... Slimline tonic water all night.. Nothing from the communal pumped cokes.. No alchohol.. Very limited choices still for non drinking diabetics in pubs. Still, the ice was nice!!

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been thinking about making a low carb quiche as I love the filling in a quiche, but I hate the crust and end up just eating the filling. Is their a way to make a quiche without a crust or mini quiches in cupcake cases?

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been thinking about making a low carb quiche as I love the filling in a quiche, but I hate the crust and end up just eating the filling. Is their a way to make a quiche without a crust or mini quiches in cupcake cases?
frittata, I make them a lot, fry up some veg or leftovers and then a dozen eggs and you have breakfast and supper for 4 days, or you can freeze off

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=frittata cupcakes&rlz=1C1AVNA_enAU560AU561&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=lMGFVNHSLouL8QX70YDQDA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1093&bih=545

Last edited by a moderator:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I line a quiche dish with slices.of ham then fill it with eggs mixed with pot of cottage cheese , grated cheddar and black pepper. I fry a red onion and mushrooms and/ or bacon then pop that in dish, pour over the eggy mix, sprinkle with more cheese and a sliced tomato or two and baked till brown and firm to touch.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I line a quiche dish with slices.of ham then fill it with eggs mixed with pot of cottage cheese , grated cheddar and black pepper. I fry a red onion and mushrooms and/ or bacon then pop that in dish, pour over the eggy mix, sprinkle with more cheese and a sliced tomato or two and baked till brown and firm to touch.

...... and you think I may be eating too much cheese ;);););)

Reactions: 2 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmmmm crabbies alcoholic ginger beer
It is a good drink, to have one once in a blue moon.
I went off beer etc; many years ago now, yet I just treat myself to Crabbies occasionally when I visit Scotland. Nowadays it can be found in Tesco and with other flavours as well.
Whatever next, fruit cider I suppose ;)

Reactions: 2 people

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
And there is me thinking "Nutribullet." was some kind of special coffee drink.

No its something completely different, I've just had a drink that was nutriblasted by my gym trainer that had leafy greens, frozen berries and flax seeds. It tasted awesome!!!! He even gave me the same drink from a normal blender and it did not blend well together, he highly recommended that I should get one instead of a blender or juicer and use it in combination with a LCHF diet so that I can consume more fibre. I had my nutribullet drink at 11am and I still feel full. Its a nutrition extractor

Reactions: 4 people