What's your favourite Christmas film(s)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
National lampoons European Adventure is funnier. And what about Airplane too, a joke every minute, nearly had urinary incontinence watching it lol

National Lampoons European Adventure is excellent, very funny. Remember Mel smith as the owner of the guest house in London and the Griswalds trying to get off one of our roundabouts, I could do with watching a cheer up film like that, halarious :hilarious: :hilarious: thanks for that eddie :)

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Glad to be of service RRB...and YES the roundabout scene is VERY funny...flasback occurring at the mom lol lol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Glad to be of service RRB...and YES the roundabout scene is VERY funny...flasback occurring at the mom lol lol

Airplane must be one of the true funny films, the off the cuff remarks, "Roger, Over, don't call me Shirley, I picked the wrong day to give up cigarettes, alcohol" and (the other addictions) the disco scene, too many to mention :hilarious: :joyful:

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lol RRB...seriously rib tickling, don't make them like that anymore.

Reactions: 3 people

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
You love to watch ? :)
I love most versions of "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens....Always get teary eyed when Scrooge becomes good and becomes kind, and generous etc. By the way, my young daughter asked me what Tiny Tim was dying from? Any suggestions?o_O

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh a good question, probably, something like Cystic Fibrosis ? Polio ? I'm just guessing these conditions, some children always seemed to be the poorly ones :doctor: :( But a very happy ending for all, yay :D

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
Oh a good question, probably, something like Cystic Fibrosis ? Polio ? I'm just guessing these conditions, some children always seemed to be the poorly ones :doctor: :( But a very happy ending for all, yay :D
Thanks for that, Rrb.....I told her he had AIDS.....Thankfully she's too young to know what that is or how people get it... imagine Tiny Tim as a heroin addict or being sexually promiscuous?!o_O

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Thanks for that, Rrb.....I told her he had AIDS.....Thankfully she's too young to know what that is or how people get it... imagine Tiny Tim as a heroin addict or being sexually promiscuous?!o_O
:wideyed::eek: - splutter !

You really told her this ?

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
16 out of 16. And there were a few I haven't seen!

Liverbird1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Supermarkets, Vanity.
Oh god I cant go a christmas without watching European Christmas Vacation "Its abit Nippley in here I mean Nipple.. did I just say nipple??? :hilarious: and we have to love cousin eddie! "The shi$£er is full!" :hilarious: , I also love The Holiday and Love Actually and Ofc Elf too! :D

Reactions: 6 people

keishamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Elf - You cant go a Christmas without watching Elf. Brilliant family film with loads of laughs! OR Miracle on 34th Street something more old school yet brilliant!

Reactions: 6 people

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
:wideyed::eek: - splutter !

You really told her this ?
She's way too young to understand....It's a tradition for us to watch versions of this story around this time each year so I can introduce polio and / or cystic fibrosis as the possible illness TT had. Still too complicated at the moment for her....And no I did not tell her Tiny Tim was a heroin addict or very promiscuous!!!!Just my warped sense of humour!!!!;)

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Just ordered a chevy chase box set of 4 Lampoon films. Should arrive by Wed!!!! Haven't watched those for years. Dad will probably want to borrow them.

Reactions: 8 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Watched Airplane on dvd yesterday and still laughed to near urinary incontinence lol. Lloyd Bridges was so funny with his "picked the wrong day to quit" lines and the best was "looks like I picked the wrong day to quit glue sniffing". Sooo fab and the auto-pilot was great too. Got Airplane 2 to watch tonight.

Doriand

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Political Correctness
Just ordered a chevy chase box set of 4 Lampoon films. Should arrive by Wed!!!! Haven't watched those for years. Dad will probably want to borrow them.
I always thought Beverley D'Angelo was Hot, hot, hot in the National Lampoon series...Saw her in a rerun of one of those U.S. cop shows playing a lawyer or a judge (or something).........My goodness, age is not her friend....Hardly recognized her!...No more fantasies about Bev:(