GTT after after HbA1c Test

Cloudlesssky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi LIverbird1,
I do know where you're coming from.
I also have a lot of "baggage" - at 5'2" I need to lose at least 5 stone.
It's hard work, but there's certainly the motivation to do it!
I love your determination - I'm sure you'll be successful in making changes to your lifestyle.
Keep in touch with us.
Bee Gee

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Liverbird1

Your height and weight are the same as mine were at diagnosis. I have since lost 4 stones. It just fell off me at a nice gentle 2lb approx. a week, but it dropped every week, no hiccups. When I reached target I struggled to stop losing! That was a first for me. This was entirely due to low carb higher fat. My husband couldn't believe I could lose weight and still eat bacon and egg fry ups 4 times a week. He has to believe it though, because I am a very slim 8st. 12lbs. So, what I am saying is a LCHF diet works not only for blood sugars but also weight loss, not to mention the vastly improved cholesterol.

Cloudlesssky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bluetit, that is a fantastic account.
Boy, you have done so well.
I don't seem to be able to lost weight at all at the moment, so I must try a lot harder with the LCHF after Christmas.
Bee Gee

Liverbird1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Supermarkets, Vanity.
Hi LIverbird1,
I do know where you're coming from.
I also have a lot of "baggage" - at 5'2" I need to lose at least 5 stone.
It's hard work, but there's certainly the motivation to do it!
I love your determination - I'm sure you'll be successful in making changes to your lifestyle.
Keep in touch with us.
Bee Gee

:facepalm: "Backage" I think I spelt "Baggage" wrong lol made me giggle that! Which brings me to my other complaint! I also have L4 and L3 disks in lower back that have worn and are swollen so I get alot of sciatica and spasms, which I have diazepam prescribed to me at 3 doses when needed * back age* eeeeeeee! Oh there is defo motivation there for sure Bee Gee! But its a wonder.. I have knwn my families history since forever but never took it seriously... even becoming a mum .. my health just didnt seem a worry to me! Its when I lost my beautiful amazing uncle mark of the tender age of 49 did I realise ***** I cant keep having bad health reports like this..)

Liverbird1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Supermarkets, Vanity.
@Liverbird1

Your height and weight are the same as mine were at diagnosis. I have since lost 4 stones. It just fell off me at a nice gentle 2lb approx. a week, but it dropped every week, no hiccups. When I reached target I struggled to stop losing! That was a first for me. This was entirely due to low carb higher fat. My husband couldn't believe I could lose weight and still eat bacon and egg fry ups 4 times a week. He has to believe it though, because I am a very slim 8st. 12lbs. So, what I am saying is a LCHF diet works not only for blood sugars but also weight loss, not to mention the vastly improved cholesterol.

This very encouraging and a massive congrats to you Bluetit! Its taking some getting used to the Low carb, high fat" diet, as we are all conditioned in the media and government that fat is BAD bad bad and the carbs are good! good good! which is actually.. doing my reasearch is rarely the case, .. I am getting there and its still early days, I have noticed since cutting out carbs I have this lingering headache, and an "anxious" feeling... which I am to believe it is a carb crash?.. my body is like "eeey up! wheres me carbs!! arghh!!"" ?? xx I do actually feel like **** at this moment lol :S xxxx