Got my second preconception clinic!

jade88

Hi girlies got my letter thru for my 2nd preconception clinic! Finger crossed there low enough this time! So nervous! How is everyone else getting on? xxx

Reactions: 8 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey jade, I have my second appointment in January, when's yours?

How did you find your first one? I don't like the nurse I saw at mine she seemed a bit clueless so doesn't make me feel great :/

I'm looking forward to my next a1c cos I've been doing great with low carbing :)

Abbie x

Reactions: 2 people

jade88

Hi Mrsass,
Mine is in Dec my last hbac1 was 7.4 and since then been trying really hard but have had a few highs!
I've been seeing the doctor who's care I was under when I was first diagnosed so been quite lucky. They told me if my hbac1 is under 7 this time they will give me the green light! xxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey jade ,

This is fantastic news , have everything crossed for you good luck , let us know how you get on

xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So.... Had my pre conception clinic and got the green light!!! So excited but also petrified! xxx

YAY !!!

Jade this is fantastic news !! What a great early christmas present , how exciting so happy for you .
I know feels scary but wow , keep us updated !!

Well done , now for the fun part haha :p
:):):)

xxx

jade88

It worked out perfectly as I had just finished the pill! Did you find you had adjust your ratios when you came off the pill? xxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant timing lol , yeah my ratios changed and I also had too change both doses of my background insulin too , I had to lower them all quiet a bit actually , makes me question why I needed less being off the pill , I was on the pill cilest so wether it was just that one I really have no clue lol .
Yourll have to let me know if any of yours changes

xxx

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Brilliant timing lol , yeah my ratios changed and I also had too change both doses of my background insulin too , I had to lower them all quiet a bit actually , makes me question why I needed less being off the pill , I was on the pill cilest so wether it was just that one I really have no clue lol .
Yourll have to let me know if any of yours changes

xxx

The pill keeps your estrogen levels low and progesterone levels high - as its estrogen makes us release an egg and progesterone that we produce a lot of whilst pregnant to keep the baby.

Co-incidentally estrogen makes us more insulin sensitive and progesterone makes us more insulin resistant. So that's why when on the pill you would have needed more insulin :) x

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It worked out perfectly as I had just finished the pill! Did you find you had adjust your ratios when you came off the pill? xxx

If you see my post above you'll see why many women need different ratios depending on where they are in their cycle and/or where they are in their pregnancy.

Whilst on the pill you'll have more consistent ratios as its hormones that affects things for us girls... And the pill keeps your hormones more stable to stop the estrogen / progesterone swings and keep you from getting pregnant. You'll likely find that after your period/as you get closer to ovulating your insulin sensitivity is much higher as this is when you produce the most estrogen... Then as you approach your period (or if you get pregnant) then you'll become more insulin resistant - as you'll be producing more progesterone. Hope that helps - and well done on getting the go ahead :) x

SofieS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, hope you don't mind me jumping in on this post. Its interesting reading about the hormones as I found during my first period after stopping contraception I was really high and struggling to keep it down but then the next one wasn't too bad, although I was getting weird high days seemingly out of the blue so I'll keep a closer eye on my cycle and see if I notice any patterns :). I've also been given the go ahead at the start of this month but now I'm worried that all my hard work was wasted as I've got a virus at the moment & my sugars have been out of control for just over a week. If I haven't managed to get pregnant already I don't know whether I'll have to wait again as it might have increased my average (I was already towards the top end at 49), what would you suggest? Thanks x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, hope you don't mind me jumping in on this post. Its interesting reading about the hormones as I found during my first period after stopping contraception I was really high and struggling to keep it down but then the next one wasn't too bad, although I was getting weird high days seemingly out of the blue so I'll keep a closer eye on my cycle and see if I notice any patterns :). I've also been given the go ahead at the start of this month but now I'm worried that all my hard work was wasted as I've got a virus at the moment & my sugars have been out of control for just over a week. If I haven't managed to get pregnant already I don't know whether I'll have to wait again as it might have increased my average (I was already towards the top end at 49), what would you suggest? Thanks x
Congratulations , that's brilliant news with you also getting the go ahead , oh no have you that's annoying coming down with a virus especially as it makes you question your bm readings , I think it's a personal decision , even when were pregnant we can get ill so it's a hard call to make as by then baby's there and just have to try and do our best . Good luck with whatever you decide to do , take care x

:):):)

SofieS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou :) its very exciting but I'm so impatient I just want to get pregnant straight away but I'm trying not to get my hopes up (looking into all my symptoms already to see if it could be early pregnancy but think its just a virus & achey stomach from coughing lol). I'll see if I get back to normal & decide for next month. Woke up this morning at 10 which is a lot better than yesterday's 18 at least! X

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou :) its very exciting but I'm so impatient I just want to get pregnant straight away but I'm trying not to get my hopes up (looking into all my symptoms already to see if it could be early pregnancy but think its just a virus & achey stomach from coughing lol). I'll see if I get back to normal & decide for next month. Woke up this morning at 10 which is a lot better than yesterday's 18 at least! X

I know the feeling lol , it's so exciting to become pregnant and then waiting the month to find out is the longest wait , then once your pregnant you get nervous about it all , is funny how it works lol :hilarious: . It's such a pain how everything effects your blood sugars doesn't make it easy for anyone does it lol . Oh that's brilliant atleast you was a bit lower this morning , once your over the virus yourll be back on track in no time and then there'll be no waiting , yourll have to keep updating us on your pregnancy journey , fingers crossed for you :) x

SofieS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou yes I will do :). I think I'll be checking all the time obsessively once I actually am pregnant. Thing with me is I can get a really good post hour reading but then it creeps up by the next meal so I can't relax. I don't think its my background as when i increase it I have a hypo through the night but now I'm more or less level. Its such hard work isn't it! Congratulations on your pregnancy :) how far along are you? X

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah always questioning what you are all the time when it happens lol .

That what makes me laugh even though it's not funny you just think you've cracked it and change and insulin dose then it mucks up further along the line , yeah have to agree with that one is such hard work with out added things on top , that's good that your more level now though , it's like a sigh of relief Untill you need to change it again :banghead::facepalm: .

Thank you so much were 17 + 3 today. :dummy::dummy1: x

nmb264

That's an excellent result! Well done. It's so hard. I'm struggling to be so disciplined with food!