Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news!

Have you heard of Lepicol?
It has the advantage of having added beneficial gut bacteria.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I hadn't, but have now. Will look into it. Waitrose, Tesco or Holland & Barrett ?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hadn't, but have now. Will look into it. Waitrose, Tesco or Holland & Barrett ?

H&B, I think.
Not cheap, but you only need a teasp or so a day.
It also has the advantage that, when taken with carbs, it slows their absorption. A lot.

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
that drink stuff was an 'experience' wasn't it :)..makes you wonder where it all came from...

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
@Alanp35
Glad it went well! Your cholestrol is amazing!:):):)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Had the colonoscopy this morning. Nothing to worry about at all, some pain when they were going round the bends but that was all. In and out in under 90 minutes. Appears I have diverticulitis, mild, but there nevertheless. Simple method of managing this with even more fibre and drinking plenty -they suggested water as I don't drink alcohol. Lol.
I post this only for "knowledge" as there appears to be people who have stomach pains, blame Metformin and leave it at that. It may be something else, easily investigated and if it is diverticulitis then simply fixed. It is a lifetime problem as is diabetes. All we can do is to manage it with antibiotics when it is infected.
How this helps.

Hi Alan, pleased it went well and quickly too, good luck and all the best for the future.
Take care RRB :)

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Well Alan, glad it's all done. You definitely need a high fibre diet. I didn't realise how bad my diverticular disease was until I had an abscess burst inside of me. They removed a lot of my Colon and get an annual colonoscopy so glad you have an early diagnosis. Take care.

Reactions: 4 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Now you've had the colonoscopy, is it safe to read Steven King's "Dreamcatcher":woot:

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
It was an experience - the worst part being the two "preparation". Day1 was cutting down on all the good LCHF foods we (should) enjoy, eating white chicken, white fish, no veg, no fruit, no tea or coffee or anythings that may have "coloured" output. The day before was a powder 3 times and nothing solid to eat after a very early breakfast from list list of the day before. Surprised I wasn't hungry, nothing much happened till approx 14:00. No detail but, for those who may have future colonoscopy a word of advice; do not sneeze, do not cough unless "enthroned in heavenly splendour". No problems today, just good to have the results,and be able to manage it,with no drug intervention. Have a Google search on "causes of diverticulitis" and wonder.
End of update. Do not be fearsome over this procedure - it is an investment, not a cost.
Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement - it really does help.

Reactions: 7 people