BS readings

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Could be a virus Mike , my reading all over the place now I've got a sore throat , high temp ...... And on and on where's my bed.... Just see what tomorrow brings .
Hope you have a better night.
Hope you're better before Chrimbo MUAH kiss smiley.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Liver dump raises your levels. Your liver dumps glucose in your bloodstream in addition to what is already there.

You know what BT?

I reckon that explains a few things. Last nite my eyes watered a bit B4 bed, there was intermittent pain the the feet and really inadvertent twitching of the muscles in my wrist during my tossing and turning, the sweats and generally feeling lost and down.

THAT (ahead of the liver dump) explains almost all of it. Does that sound a reasonable connection?

I've just been shopping (felt no stress whatsoever even though the s/market was busy) NO trembling, NO weakness, eyes are fine etc etc.

In fact, I feel normal (whatever "normal" is :)) so I'm thinking that once I got going after the liver dump, then all corrected itself. Only niggling question is I reckon that LD has been building for two days. Is that at all possible?

Cheers again Mike

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you

Odd thing in reading the threads is a LOT of people had ordinary readings overnite ... I guess i went out in sympathy with my mates :)

I found that weird ... Mike
I have on a couple of occasions had a reading in the morning higher than the previous night. Thought I was one of those fridge raiders until I heard about liver dumps. Now I just don't worry about it. Been trying to get down into the 5's this week and been so close but I find the lower I get the more ill I feel. I'm at my best when I'm in the 6-7 range but it seems the norm should be 4.5-5.5. I'm still trying different foods though, so that doesn't help.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Seem to be having a lot of meals out this week with the run up to Christmas. BS before meal was 5.8 2 hours after was 7.5. Not too bad as dinner was Portabello Mushroom stuffed with Stilton and chopped walnuts and then grilled followed by sirloin steak with mushrooms, onion rings and chips

Reactions: 7 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Seem to be having a lot of meals out this week with the run up to Christmas. BS before meal was 5.8 2 hours after was 7.5. Not too bad as dinner was Portabello Mushroom stuffed with Stilton and chopped walnuts and then grilled followed by sirloin steak with mushrooms, onion rings and chips
What's chips?:rolleyes:

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Mike, one bad reading, lack of sleep probably, play catch up and be positive, hopefully next reading will be better. Take care
EDWARD

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mike hope you dream you are the Commander of Apollo 18 and have a brilliant time!

Reactions: 3 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No Clive :(

Liver dump I assumed lowered your BS, not increased them. Just wish I knew as it was NOT a good nite:)

Thanks for caring :) Mike
As far as I understand it Mike, that what everybody complains about when they say a 'liver dump' the liver releasing | think 'glycogen' in to the system raising the sugar level. Someone may want to correct me.
Neil

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now back from Pub 2.5 pints beer 1 Gin & slimline tonic + 'good company' :joyful:

7.1 2hrs after dinner
7.9 3hrs
6.4 4hrs
I'll live with this........:)

Reactions: 5 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I must have had a REALLY big LD. After a waking of 7.5, 2 hours later up to 9.9 .... hated that so off I went for a 20 minute walk straight after that reading. Just retested and back to 8.1 .... a 1.8 drop in 20 minutes

Roller coaster :banghead:

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Do you land the LEM mike ? Lol

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
As far as I understand it Mike, that what everybody complains about when they say a 'liver dump' the liver releasing | think 'glycogen' in to the system raising the sugar level. Someone may want to correct me.
Neil

Yep Neil. All makes sense now. Just like to know if LD can build up and then release. Sure felt like it to me across the last 48 hours

Mike :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Do you land the LEM mike ? Lol

Of course !! I'm the commander !!

Apollo 18 flight was cancelled by the Nixon administration but would have had **** Gordon (CMP from Apollo 12) as it's commander.