BS readings

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I'm glad Nixon was found out and resigned, he had the cheek to take the credit for JFK's vision. I know he is no more but he was a scumbag.

Reactions: 2 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I must have had a REALLY big LD. After a waking of 7.5, 2 hours later up to 9.9 .... hated that so off I went for a 20 minute walk straight after that reading. Just retested and back to 8.1 .... a 1.8 drop in 20 minutes

Roller coaster :banghead:

Hi Mike I had a bit of an experience the other day like this, but not sure I wasn't
getting spurious numbers because it really made a difference when II washed my hands before testing. Don't get too stressed because that will also raise your numbers. Maybe rather than any more exrcise just a calm few moments relaxing may bring them down. If your body needs glucose then your liver will release it so if you over exercise you can have the opposite effect so I understand it.
Neil

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Is this a weird coincidence or what ? When I started talking about Apollo it was still the 19th Dec here and guess what Apollo 17 ended it's mission on the 19th December 1972. Spooky lol

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Hi Mike I had a bit of an experience the other day like this, but not sure I wasn't
getting spurious numbers because it really made a difference when II washed my hands before testing. Don't get too stressed because that will also raise your numbers. Maybe rather than any more exrcise just a calm few moments relaxing may bring them down. If your body needs glucose then your liver will release it so if you over exercise you can have the opposite effect so I understand it.
Neil

Yep, gotcha Neil. As I previously posted, I had a REALLY shocking nite with sweats, trembles etc etc and little sleep. So the 7.5 on waking was no surprise but the 9.9 sure was. I felt no stress at all (for a change) so that number shocked me. But true to form (and in my case it is conclusive beyond doubt) the exercise dropped it back big time. In my own mind i knew it would as I have the figures / history to back it up, but even so, falling by 1.8 in such a short space of time amazed me. The 9.9 was maybe not all that surprising on reflection given the big (7.5) start to the day and the fact that the a.m. figures are always my worst.

Mike :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hope you are getting better Mike, my early morning levels are usually higher.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Is this a weird coincidence or what ? When I started talking about Apollo it was still the 19th Dec here and guess what Apollo 17 ended it's mission on the 19th December 1972. Spooky lol

Yep, it was an amazing flight ... a great send off for the program :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think Gene Cernan is a great advocate for the missions, love listening to him and Alan Bean.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep, gotcha Neil. As I previously posted, I had a REALLY shocking nite with sweats, trembles etc etc and little sleep. So the 7.5 on waking was no surprise but the 9.9 sure was. I felt no stress at all (for a change) so that number shocked me. But true to form (and in my case it is conclusive beyond doubt) the exercise dropped it back big time. In my own mind i knew it would as I have the figures / history to back it up, but even so, falling by 1.8 in such a short space of time amazed me. The 9.9 was maybe not all that surprising on reflection given the big (7.5) start to the day and the fact that the a.m. figures are always my worst.

Mike :)
Hi, When you see the numbers 7.5 on waking and then a 9.0 that in itself creates the stress, doesn't it? or you would not be off walking trying to get these numbers down. Anyway I presume the thoughts of commanding Appolo 18 will be relieving the stress & relaxing you now.
Neil
I'm signing off now, bedtime.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Yep, Gene's passionate that's for sure. Same for Al. So here's your quiz for the day. Which Apollo flight featured a crew that all spacewalked?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Hi, When you see the numbers 7.5 on waking and then a 9.0 that in itself creates the stress, doesn't it? or you would not be off walking trying to get these numbers down. Anyway I presume the thoughts of commanding Appolo 18 will be relieving the stress & relaxing you now.
Neil
I'm signing off now, bedtime.

Good point but the reality was I was really calm between the 7.5 and the 9.9 ... far more so than usual ... I felt no stress at all other than to go for a walk as I knew that would bring them down. That LD must have been huge ... I could FEEL it coming on :)

Good nite mate

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Was it Apollo 10 ?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Honestly not googling this I will have another stab, was it 14 then..

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Nope. remember there is a difference between a spacewalk and a moonwalk. Roosa did neither on A14, Shepard and Mitchell moonwalked.

As for A10 only Cernan spacewalked and that was during Gemini

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Must be my high BGs and mike it is 0120 GMT here so getting brain fog. Yes Roosa was CMP on 14 so one more guess Apollo 9 the earth orbit shake down ?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
No McDivitt didn't spacewalk but Rusty and Dave did :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arrgghhh Mike this is a trickey one, probably involves Apollo-Soyuz or STS. Going to bed soon, put me out of my misery pls

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Apollo 12

Conrad spacewalked on Skylab 1, Bean spacewalked on Skylab 2 and Gordon spacewalked on Gemini 11