Tired of it

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm tired of injecting all the time, I'm tired of the pains all over my body, I'm tired of being tired, I'm tired of the hypos, I'm tired of thinking what will have to eat, I'm tired of spending so much money on food, I'm tired of managing my diabetes again. I fecking hate this poxy condition. Its just become a grind again. Part of me is thinking "ahh f**k it and just stop" then another part is thinking "no I must continue" I know what I have to do but I guess I'm just down about it today. I don't have anyone to turn to for help and talk about it, so thats why I just vented on here. I just wish things were easier and I could take a tablet instead of the injections.

I don't understand my condition properly because in the hospital years ago they told me I was in a honeymoon period, and the last time I was in there they told me that my pancreas is still producing a little bit of insulin....How can you have a honeymoon period of 8 years?

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I doubt your still in your honeymoon period, although in some cases people have been known to have an extended period of up to 5 years I believe..

But we all get sick of the daily grind of injecting and such Bazza, but for now there's no alternative, I do still think that you would benefit enormously from going on an structured education course such as DAFNE, there you will meet others like you in a similar position and perhaps make some friends also.

Anyway, hope you get through this difficult time and you feel more positive tomorrow.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Bazza,
I hope you can get some help from that article. I was reading it and found it very good. I haven't done a DAFNE course but I have done courses with other people who have diabetes and have found that really useful.
You can still be producing some insulin when you have been diagnosed for 50 + years. They've found this with the Joslin 50 years + medallists and another study by Denise Faustman shows the loss is far more gradual than used to be thought the case .Obviously though it's still only a small amount and not enough to manage without insulin

Brit90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hey Bazza,
totally know where you are coming from.
I've been a Type 1 for 15 years and I want to say its just a phase, but the truth is, it isn't. It comes and goes and depression is the worst part in my opinion.
Depression can be cured and popping pills isn't the answer - find other methods - I still get the blues now and then, but no where near as much as I did years ago.

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'm tired of injecting all the time, I'm tired of the pains all over my body, I'm tired of being tired, I'm tired of the hypos, I'm tired of thinking what will have to eat, I'm tired of spending so much money on food, I'm tired of managing my diabetes again. I fecking hate this poxy condition. Its just become a grind again. Part of me is thinking "ahh f**k it and just stop" then another part is thinking "no I must continue" I know what I have to do but I guess I'm just down about it today. I don't have anyone to turn to for help and talk about it, so thats why I just vented on here. I just wish things were easier and I could take a tablet instead of the injections.

I don't understand my condition properly because in the hospital years ago they told me I was in a honeymoon period, and the last time I was in there they told me that my pancreas is still producing a little bit of insulin....How can you have a honeymoon period of 8 years?

I reckon noblehead nailed it. I've seen positive stuff from you to others before today and quietly thought to myself "this guy's good and honest" so i kept watching.

It isn't unusual for anyone to feel lost on this journey so I hope you find that positive attitude again :) Take care. Mike

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Depression springs to mind..? Not unknown in diabetics.

More likely burnout, as noted by @catherinecherub ... it doesn't have to be a 'once in a lifetime occurence': I've gone through burnout on several occasions, starting with my teens, and whenever it happens it ain't good.

Hey @Bazzza I'm there with you, I really am. I've got so fed up with over the years - even yesterday in fact that I now call it: Diafknbetes.

If you need to 'talk' beyond the open forum I'm more than happy to be PM'd.

In the meantime, take your mind out from the druggery of it all and go back to the absolute basics... look at some of my other postings (and those of others) to get some inspiration. Of course, what works for each of us may not for you, but they're there for the reading, not necessarily the taking.

As an example of how this forum and site has helped me, until yesterday evening I'd been getting real problems with blood testing - I've been doing it for 28 fkn years and in recents years (in a desperate attempt to understand what's been going on) I'd been testing up to 10 times per day. My fingers were at the end of exhaustion.

So, I searched the forum for postings on 'sore fingers' and found some really helpful experiences and hints, plus a link to a 'good blood testing guide'.

Since reading those posts and the guide I've been able to get the right amount of blood on a single jab - and without even needing to increase the depth of the lancet!

That doesn't mean to say I enjoy blood testing more today - I hate the fkn lark, I really do, but it's just made that single aspect of all the other aspects of living with diafknbetes that little bit easier.

With very best wishes.

C.

Reactions: 6 people

simonhand

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bazzza, I fully understand, I feel the same way. I never used to think like that but I do now and fully sympathise with what your saying and feeling.
The last 18 months personally have been hell. Lost my dad, my niece almost died, my wife left me having an affair and I was told she would always leave me if my diabetes got worse, so I feel so low. Physically I'm ok but, little signs of things going wrong, eyes, tingling in the feet, plus close to hypo on occasion.
The only thing I've got are my two daughters who worry about me, asking me if I've tested my blood sugar all the time. It's nice that they are concerned but I'm their dad and they shouldn't have to worry.
If it wasn't for my girls, I can tell you now I would have ended it. The problem is I can't see a future and if my drivers licence is taken from me, I can't work.
Health professionals do their best but none of them understand or can do a great deal, that's my feeling. I sound negative, as I've had my mistakes done on my eyes and there's nothing they can do.
I don't want to be negative but I don't see a great future. My dad was a diabetic all his life and he had a heart attack and died, diabetic related, with a lonely end to his life.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
It's nice that they are concerned but I'm their dad and they shouldn't have to worry.
If it wasn't for my girls, I can tell you now I would have ended it. The problem is I can't see a future and if my drivers licence is taken from me, I can't work.

No sermons from me .... but please think about how would your daughters might have dealt with that. I hate to read this stuff but ALWAYS understand I'm here to offer any help you might need. Not professional of course, just a guy's willingness to help another bloke down in the dumps.

Mike :)

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
No sermons from me .... but please think about how would your daughters might have dealt with that. I hate to read this stuff but ALWAYS understand I'm here to offer any help you might need. Not professional of course, just a guy's willingness to help another bloke down in the dumps.

Mike :)

"No sermons ... but ..."

Sounds like the beginnings of one.

As for how his "daughters might have dealt with that" I applaud @simonhand for his honesty and openness: Why are people so bothered by or afraid of people revealing their emotional trauma?

As BT used to say, "it's good to talk" and what better environment than one where people can talk openly, honestly and in anonymity if so desired?

Well @simonhand and @bazzza I'm with you both and I extend my wholehearted empathy, support and 'listening ears' to you.

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chin up Bazza, feel your pain, It's a grind Brother, just gotta soldier on...

Reactions: 7 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Tired of all of it...get good days bad days ..at the moment tired maybe due to anaemia but having an iron infusion tomorrow lets see how i feel after having that.... :(

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
Bazza, it’s OK not to fell OK.
No mental state is permanent; happy, sad, elated, deflated.
They come and go, come and go.
Just don’t give each state more credit than its due.
Watch them come, watch them go.