Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Yes folks, it's that time of year :nailbiting:

...and I'm getting in ahead of the rest of you :smug:

As all of you - who have been bored / offended with my postings - will know, I've been on a long-term drive to wrest control of my diabetes from the demon itself; the journey started in September 2013 and whilst it has not been at all easy or without it's agnosing moments, I am in much better shape than 15 months ago. :) HOWEVER, I still have a long way to go to reach my valhalla. :meh:

I'm starting this thread in the hope that I inspire you to set yourselves some managable and meaningful objectives for the coming year and so that we can support each other in our efforts to achieve them; so here's mine for starters:

1. To continue reducing my carb intake towards the lower end ( x>60g per day) of the LCHF diet so that I can (almost) eradicate the 'BG roller-coaster' - and the tummy flubber! :oops:
  2. To continue eating more nutrious foods to tackle (and possibly reverse?) the retinopathy and signs of other complications;
  3. To continue getting more active on a daily basis to underpin 1 and 2 above;
  4. To achieve an HbA1c of 7.0% by late-spring 2015;
  5. To achieve an HbA1c of 6.5% by autumn 2015 and stabilise it at that level by Christmas.

Reactions: 6 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My New Years Resolution would be............
To be nicer to the female (weaker sex) members on here, and not take the micky so much unless it's called for.:D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hope you achieve your aims Conrad, good luck.

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got a couple of New Years Resolutions:

1. Graduate from uni with a 2:1 psychology degree (I wouldn't mind if I got a 2:2)
2. Continue on the LCHF diet and start going the gym again
3. Lose 55kg in weight as I'm currently 151.5kg and want to be under 100kg before graduation
4. Invest in a nutribullet

5. Apply for a masters degree in music psychology and get a paid job role
6. Get a new GP when I go back home
7. Get over my fears of the dentist and make an appointment to have my teeth checked

Reactions: 12 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My New Years Resolution would be............
To be nicer to the female (weaker sex) members on here, and not take the micky so much unless it's called for.:D

There's nothing weak about the female sex :mad: if men had to give birth, the population would be at a stand still long ago and as for man flu :rolleyes: :hilarious: well............ lol

RRB :D

Reactions: 18 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To try to lose the last stone and a bit in time for friend's wedding in April.
Lower hba1c and reduce the Metformin.

Reactions: 4 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There's nothing weak about the female sex :mad: if men had to give birth, the population would be at a stand still long ago and as for man flu :rolleyes: :hilarious: well............ lol

RRB :D
Wow, wow wow, hang on a minute. About this man flu thing.......................wouldn't you agree that men are built with a little more muscle than women........................your answer obviously YES. ......and what part of the human body does the flu attack? Yes, the muscles, so therefore if there is more muscle on a man, then surely it goes without saying that we get hit harder than a woman.:D I rest my case.:happy:

Reactions: 2 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes folks, it's that time of year :nailbiting:

...and I'm getting in ahead of the rest of you :smug:

As all of you - who have been bored / offended with my postings - will know, I've been on a long-term drive to wrest control of my diabetes from the demon itself; the journey started in September 2013 and whilst it has not been at all easy or without it's agnosing moments, I am in much better shape than 15 months ago. :) HOWEVER, I still have a long way to go to reach my valhalla. :meh:

I'm starting this thread in the hope that I inspire you to set yourselves some managable and meaningful objectives for the coming year and so that we can support each other in our efforts to achieve them; so here's mine for starters:

1. To continue reducing my carb intake towards the lower end ( x>60g per day) of the LCHF diet so that I can (almost) eradicate the 'BG roller-coaster' - and the tummy flubber! :oops:
  2. To continue eating more nutrious foods to tackle (and possibly reverse?) the retinopathy and signs of other complications;
  3. To continue getting more active on a daily basis to underpin 1 and 2 above;
  4. To achieve an HbA1c of 7.0% by late-spring 2015;
  5. To achieve an HbA1c of 6.5% by autumn 2015 and stabilise it at that level by Christmas.

Thanks for starting this thread!
My resolutions are similar to yours.
  1. Maintain my current hba1c or reduce it a smidgen.
  2. Get my bmi to 21.
  3. I'm working towards an exhibition, so I need to keep on the straight and narrow and produce enough work.
  4. Continue getting more active on a daily basis with gardening, swimming, yoga and maybe adding in cycling and more walking.
  5. Keep on keeping on with LCHF and inventing LCHF recipes/processes. I owe it because it has done a lot for me already.
Good luck with your resolutions and with dealing with the demon - whatever or whoever that is! :eek::)

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, wow wow, hang on a minute. About this man flu thing.......................wouldn't you agree that men are built with a little more muscle than women........................your answer obviously YES. ......and what part of the human body does the flu attack? Yes, the muscles, so therefore if there is more muscle on a man, then surely it goes without saying that we get hit harder than a woman.:D I rest my case.:happy:

Sorry, what? :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
  • No, sorry, your case had to be thrown out of court, the femsle Judge was laughing so much, she kept banging the gavel to STOP:hilarious: ......... and I've seen more muscles hanging out of a nest ;)
  • ah but we have the brain's and the brawn, but the brawn is just in different, erm locations :p

C

catherinecherub

http://manflu.info/womans_role/womans_role.htm

Stage 1 - I think I'm coming down with a cold.Don't forget, even medical experts recommend self diagnosis, and ALL men are experts at recognising the early stages. Here you will be expected to sympathise, any flippant comments now such as , "Oh I expect it's Man Flu is it?", will cause immediate deterioration. Preferred responses will be along the lines of, "There there, can I get you some chicken noodle soup and put your favourite Police! Camera! Action! DVD on?". This stage can last from one to three days.

Stage 2 - It's not a cold, it's the 'flu. Your beloved will barely be able to lift his fingers to work the remote control by now. There will be dramatic displays of coughing and chest holding. He will present a red and sniffly nose, and a phantom fever. Do not mention <begin sarcasm˃ Man 'Flu <end sarcasm˃. Instead continue to serve comfort food and provide him with a selection of men's magazines (such as FHM or Maxim) to take his mind off the illness ravaging his poor body. You may also be required to gently dab his forehead with a lightly dampened sponge or massage his feet. This life threatening stage may last from three to five days.

Stage 3 - It's not completely gone, but I think it's going. By now your beloved will be physically exhausted. He will have spent the previous seven days teetering on the brink of death only to have pulled through. However, he will start to feel less 'achy all over', and begin to move short distances away from the sofa. Hang in there with your pampering, you're nearly done. This stage can typically last from six to ten days. Please be aware that any sarcastic references to Man Flu at this stage can render the hapless victim straight back to the life threatening stage 2. He should be allowed a suitable period of convalescence (the length to be suggested by him) prior to being tasked with household tasks.

Reactions: 13 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There was a news item this morning saying that they are going to put women in the infantry. Sod the enemy's luck, they won't know what hit 'em.

Two big barrells blazing away :p now's that's formidable :D

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There was a news item this morning saying that they are going to put women in the infantry. Sod the enemy's luck, they won't know what hit 'em.
There was also a rumour that they want to put women on the moon. The good news ...........................all of them:D:D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
http://manflu.info/womans_role/womans_role.htm

Stage 1 - I think I'm coming down with a cold.Don't forget, even medical experts recommend self diagnosis, and ALL men are experts at recognising the early stages. Here you will be expected to sympathise, any flippant comments now such as , "Oh I expect it's Man Flu is it?", will cause immediate deterioration. Preferred responses will be along the lines of, "There there, can I get you some chicken noodle soup and put your favourite Police! Camera! Action! DVD on?". This stage can last from one to three days.

Stage 2 - It's not a cold, it's the 'flu. Your beloved will barely be able to lift his fingers to work the remote control by now. There will be dramatic displays of coughing and chest holding. He will present a red and sniffly nose, and a phantom fever. Do not mention <begin sarcasm˃ Man 'Flu <end sarcasm˃. Instead continue to serve comfort food and provide him with a selection of men's magazines (such as FHM or Maxim) to take his mind off the illness ravaging his poor body. You may also be required to gently dab his forehead with a lightly dampened sponge or massage his feet. This life threatening stage may last from three to five days.

Stage 3 - It's not completely gone, but I think it's going. By now your beloved will be physically exhausted. He will have spent the previous seven days teetering on the brink of death only to have pulled through. However, he will start to feel less 'achy all over', and begin to move short distances away from the sofa. Hang in there with your pampering, you're nearly done. This stage can typically last from six to ten days. Please be aware that any sarcastic references to Man Flu at this stage can render the hapless victim straight back to the life threatening stage 2. He should be allowed a suitable period of convalescence (the length to be suggested by him) prior to being tasked with household tasks.

CC, that was absolutely fantastic, just brilliant ROFL :hilarious: Aahhh memories...........;)