Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, what @Sable_Jan says, ask for a rheumatology referral. Good luck x
I'll try. I tend to find because I have anxiety that everything is put down to that... when in reality, I developed anxiety because I had all these weird symptoms that no one could really explain.

Reactions: 10 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I'm shocked at how many GPs do not believe in Fibromyalgia and ME and call them Functional Disorders and leave their patients out to dry. The inconsistency in the NHS is bewildering.

Reactions: 9 people

alliebee

Haven't tested this morning yet, ...not so ashamedly , we end up having a very late night, after watching telly we started singing Christmas carols in bed, then decided to have jack Daniels , which led to the munchies, so the ham and cheese sarnies and hoola hoops appeared , followed by a naughty dessert ...it's great when your teenage kids tell you off for partying late into the night :)

Life's good ...off to York Minster now and the Christmas market, I'll take my meter with me

Have a great day guys
This post so made me smile. Remember a night when I was married when hubbie and I got home from a xmas party and decided to open some champagne ..dancing and music followed by bacon sarnies at 3am...two very stern teenagers came down frowning and saying God grow up you two!!!!

Reactions: 8 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Haven't tested this morning yet, ...not so ashamedly , we end up having a very late night, after watching telly we started singing Christmas carols in bed, then decided to have jack Daniels , which led to the munchies, so the ham and cheese sarnies and hoola hoops appeared , followed by a naughty dessert ...it's great when your teenage kids tell you off for partying late into the night :)

Life's good ...off to York Minster now and the Christmas market, I'll take my meter with me

Have a great day guys
Love York and yorkshire. Was born and bread in steel city.;)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
OK .... I'm gone for the nite guys .... but what is a snarnie? google came up with nada.

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I've been to York many times and just love it. The Shambles, Railway Museum and the Jorvik Viking Centre to mention just a few. Been to the Minster pre and post fire and it is an amazing place. The Yorkshire folk are nice too.

Reactions: 7 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning - another good result I'm very happy with (4 weeks ago when I was first diagnosed, I was waking up in the teens). Dropping an extra 20g of carbs from my diet (down from 80 to 60 a day) seems to have had the effect of nearly a full point off my fasting BG figures!

I've got my first appointment with the DN this afternoon and I'm going armed with 31 pages of MyFitnessPal food diaries and a full printout of my BS readings from MySugr :)

Reactions: 15 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.3 this morning.
But I'm now nursing a sore throat, a cold, and a lemsip.

Good job it wasn't last Friday this came on.

Reactions: 15 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a butty up 'ere in t'north
.......and if it's thick bread then it's a door step:D
door step.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

alliebee

5.0 this morning - another good result I'm very happy with (4 weeks ago when I was first diagnosed, I was waking up in the teens). Dropping an extra 20g of carbs from my diet (down from 80 to 60 a day) seems to have had the effect of nearly a full point off my fasting BG figures!

I've got my first appointment with the DN this afternoon and I'm going armed with 31 pages of MyFitnessPal food diaries and a full printout of my BS readings from MySugr :)
Good luck. Keep us posted!

Reactions: 5 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good start today................
B Brek........................5.6 Cheese on toast with Philly on top of that
A Brek........................5.7

Reactions: 13 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'll try. I tend to find because I have anxiety that everything is put down to that... when in reality, I developed anxiety because I had all these weird symptoms that no one could really explain.
Write that down and give it to the doc if it's hard to say it....

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.