Roche Insight Pump

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The disc I have only seems to have the configuration software. how odd.

I feel a call to Roche coming on

chrisp1234

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
There actually supplied in 2 separate boxes with separate cds for each piece of software.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I only got one cd too. I know last time it was 2cd's. Personally I just use the data n graphs etc on the handset.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's in the post, they were very helpful.

I may or may not end up using it, but I don't record all readings in my own spreadsheet every day, just the mealtime and bedtime readings, but I do use the rest in other general data analysis. teh graphs on the handset are very good though and I like the ability to go back and add stuff to the log if you forgot at the time.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I got told off for being too anal about recording and analysing.. Thats why I just use handset each day just to fine tune.. But I am 4 years in to it now...

Accuchek are very, very helpful. 2nd to none from my experience.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1419092776.614636.jpg

Not good... For the second time now After 48 hours.. (Never had redness and marks or horrible bleeding like this with a set). Been running high and corrections not working starting exactly after 48hours...will be glad when can get the rapid d's..this is the worse reaction I've had to a set ever.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How long are your pump batteries lasting?

I'm slightly concerned that after 8 days the handset status screen is showing a pump battery level of 100%, which may or may not be true, but I have no reference point to go by.

The cartridge level indicator is working OK as far as I can tell.

I'm also very impressed by the handset battery life, I'm recharging it every third day or so at the moment.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Pump battery still at 100% for me too at 9 days... (Hadn't even checked it!)...oops!! Hoping it doesn't just lose it dramatically so..

Handset like you about 3 days. Still have to get used to a time to charge when I don't want to test whilst its charging.

I'm getting bad readiings at 48 hours with the sets and now taking out at 36 hours ish. Yesterdays at 36 hours had huge bleeding too when I took out and startings of red skin. Just looks like my body can't handle plastic sets. Rapid d's no problems with bleeding, or at least very, very rarely...
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1419417976.433632.jpg

iHs

Can you not go back to using the Combo pump DD while you wait for the Rapid Ds to be made available to fit the Insight?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just don't want to!!!
New pump is so good that I so wanting to persevere even if I have to change 36-48 hours.

It is brilliant. I will persevere over Christmas and see how it goes. It frustrates me at the time with the levels n blood but the actual good pump and facilities on it are outweighing the frustration at my body at the moment..(I think!!)

I haven't actually thought about going back to the combo... It seems like a dinosaur to the Insight.. Will just see what happens till the end of the year.

I think the only worry I get is that the bleeds may cause scarring, but don't know whether this is likely or not...

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just don't want to!!!
New pump is so good that I so wanting to persevere even if I have to change 36-48 hours.

It is brilliant. I will persevere over Christmas and see how it goes. It frustrates me at the time with the levels n blood but the actual good pump and facilities on it are outweighing the frustration at my body at the moment..(I think!!)

I haven't actually thought about going back to the combo... It seems like a dinosaur to the Insight.. Will just see what happens till the end of the year.

I think the only worry I get is that the bleeds may cause scarring, but don't know whether this is likely or not...
I know you use your backside for the cannula, have you tried anywhere else with these?

I had one bleed with a teflon cannula on the CellNovo, but no lasting issue as far as I can see.

I do agree though on how good this pump is, and I'm with you that I think I need to bring my basal levels down even more across the board. My levels are pretty stable, but just consistently running down at 4.x rather than just over 5.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Elsewhere I not only get bleeds with plastic sets they give occlusions pretty much every other set...my consultant previously said to try 4mm sets but accuchek don't make them.
I'm lean, everybody says its cos I haven't enough fat but I think its just
my blood supply in my body rather than being lean.. As I'm not overly muscly except my arms are from gardening. Obviously can't use arms for sets because of wear I attach my pump.

These sets aren't uncomfy which with the rapid d's you can feel pretty much immediately if you hit blood or muscle.

My basals are still having to go down as well. Now on 12.45 which is so low for me, I've never had such low basal settings on the combo at all. Escpecially for winter as my rates normally go up. As my food and exercise is the same day in day out it is really unusual for me to be lowering in the winter.

Hope you are all okay and wishing you all so well for christmas and new year...