Got my second preconception clinic!

jade88

It is hard I found that testing my bloods more often helped me to catch highs more quickly and correct them before they got too high. Are you type 1? Do you carb count? xxx

nmb264

Yep I carb count and I've been on the pump since April. At my appt in November they said I test to much so now I'm trying to cut back. I got the pump because I suffer from the dawn phenomenon so it's sorted that but I find I have to have rigid eating like if I have lunch I can't really have a snack In between that and dinner as it's like my body can't keep up. It's a pain. I love bread and pasta too but cut them out and just think now what is actually reasonable. It's a right pain sometimes. And I'm not the best cook so any low carb meals are basic. Not very inventive lol x

jade88

Yea I know what you mean if I don't snack I'm fine but if I do there harder to control! I've come off the pill this month and have found I need a lot less insulin which is weird!? Are you planning to have a baby or are you already pregnant? xxx

Heather888

Hi sorry to jump in. I'm a midwife and looking to set up a pre-pregnancy clinic in my local area. I would like any tips on what you think would help you and good and bad points about the pre-pregnancy service.