Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Me - thinly sliced gammon with 2 small Yorkshire puds filled with
veggies and gravy . Couple of piggies in their blankets too .
No roasties or potatoes at all .

Hubby - same as me plus couple of parsnips baked in honey .
I don't like parsnips nor sprouts :yuck:
Veggies will be broccoli/garden peas/carrot batons (fresh produce)

Hubby - Christmas pudding
Me - my insulin

Drinkies - beer and red wine for hubby .
Me - handmade snowballs with sparkling spring water and dash
of lime juice . (love these)

Reactions: 5 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And another one here with the same thinking. Life is too bloody short.

I like your thinking but I've just had 2 mini mince pies with double cream and a glass of home-made mulled wine this evening with a friend who dropped by bearing gifts, and my bs have shot up to 11.4.....:( Not sure I want to take the risk again, especially with all the other tempting offerings....

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I like your thinking but I've just had 2 mini mince pies with double cream and a glass of home-made mulled wine this evening with a friend who dropped by bearing gifts, and my bs have shot up to 11.4.....:( Not sure I want to take the risk again, especially with all the other tempting offerings....

My husband went shopping without me this afternoon and came back with a pack of 4 mince pies. FOUR!!!!!!! Clearly he isn't intending me to have any :(

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me, I'm going to stay focused, I've worked far to hard to let Christmas spoil my hard work.

Therefore, my starter will be the same as everyone else, lettuce prawns but no Mary Rose sauce. Wedge of lemon.

Christmas dinner will be gammon turkey with all the veg.

Pud will be fruit medley.

Boring it may seem to you but for me it's all good.

14 of us round my daughters for Christmas dinner, no one will notice I'm sure. :))

They say you can consume 6,000 calories on Christmas Day.
Me, I shall eat to my meter like every other day and be good. Lol

It will be quite a challenge!

Foxie x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Randburg, really? It's my first Xmas as a Type 2 and it's kind of been drummed into me that there are no "off" or pig out days to be had, unlike a normal watching-the-weight diet.

I've been scrupulously good since June and would love a Yuletide reward but then I suppose it's a bad pattern to see food as a reward.

I have no idea what I'll have Xmas day. I might push the boat out and have a couple of roast potatoes and maybe a slice of coffee buttercream cake. But I sympathise with the other poster who said he would stress out if he had something naughty to eat.
Mine too! But I will probably have one Yorkshire pud, I potato, a mince pie, a very small portion of Christmas pudd with rum sauce and be done with it. My weakness is mince pies and Christmas pudd. If I feel to high then I'll stop. Shan't lose too much sleep as it will be a treat. I periodically have half a slice of cake throughout the year. It stops me being silly and going back to old ways. I can literally feel my bs increase and I don't like it so my portion of cp will be minuscule but that's all I seem to want these days. Wouldn't swap my lchf diet for anything! :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
We are having roast pork with crackling, (a rare treat for us), roast potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli. We don't like sprouts. Afterwards a traditional Christmas pud with brandy butter and a tiny mince pie. Washed down with a good red wine. I will have very little though but Mr Daisy will have more! Won't test!

alliebee

Me, I'm going to stay focused, I've worked far to hard to let Christmas spoil my hard work.

Therefore, my starter will be the same as everyone else, lettuce prawns but no Mary Rose sauce. Wedge of lemon.

Christmas dinner will be gammon turkey with all the veg.

Pud will be fruit medley.

Boring it may seem to you but for me it's all good.

14 of us round my daughters for Christmas dinner, no one will notice I'm sure. :))

They say you can consume 6,000 calories on Christmas Day.
Me, I shall eat to my meter like every other day and be good. Lol

It will be quite a challenge!

Foxie x
Hi Foxie. If you are following lchf you can have marie rose sauce made with hellmans tom puree lea n perins lemon juice. Next to no carbs :)

Reactions: 3 people

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Arrrh thank @allibee.

Seems I won't go without totally then? :))

Hope you too have a great Christmas and beat the challenges over the next few day. :))

Foxie x

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:rolleyes:
I am doing well this Year its Yule at my sons as he is a Wiccan and I am Pagan . And Christmas dinner at mine Hubby is Christian , for 5 adults and 4 children. No starters. Gammon as I don't like Turkey, Turkey as well, sausages, Roast potatoes, croquet potatoes, sprouts in thyme butter, puréed Swede, Carrots, honey Parsnips, Stuffing and Apple sauce, Rich Gravy. Christmas pudding, with white sauce and brandy for the adults, Minced pies and cream, and Cava to drink. After all it is only once a year.
After Eights and Chocolate rolls for the kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

alliebee

Arrrh thank @allibee.

Seems I won't go without totally then? :))

Hope you too have a great Christmas and beat the challenges over the next few day. :))

Foxie x
Mayo makes so many foods taste good. I've also made a marie rose sauce with creme fraiche and heinz low sugar ketchup. Very low in carbs as you only need a bit for colour and flavour. Asda do a marie rose too which doesn't have many carbs. Prawns in sauce on ice gem leaves is so nice. Also scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for me. The same with family but with a bagel. Can eat brilliantly on lchf diet. If there is something I fancy I google it but add low carb at the end and it pretty much adapts what you fancy to a low carb version

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:rolleyes:
I am doing well this Year its Yule at my sons as he is a Wiccan and I am Pagan . And Christmas dinner at mine Hubby is Christian , for 5 adults and 4 children. No starters. Gammon as I don't like Turkey, Turkey as well, Roast potatoes, croquet potatoes, sprouts in thyme butter, puréed Swede, Carrots, honey Parsnips, Stuffing and Apple sauce, Rich Gravy. Christmas pudding, with white sauce and brandy for the adults, Minced pies and cream, and Cava to drink. After all it is only once a year.
After Eights and Chocolate rolls for the kids.
Seasons' Greetings!

I love After Eights.
Such a classic.
Perpetually linked in my mind with my great aunts, Indian takeaway bill payment and the first year I spent Xmas by myself (bought a pack, ate it within half an hour, and felt so ill I didn't touch them for years...)
Love 'em.

Want some.
:happy:

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Seasons' Greetings!

I love After Eights.
Such a classic.
Perpetually linked in my mind with my great aunts, Indian takeaway bill payment and the first year I spent Xmas by myself (bought a pack, ate it within half an hour, and felt so ill I didn't touch them for years...)
Love 'em.

Want some.
Well I've just had a hypo so half a chocolate flapjack just HAD to be eaten. He he:rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Everyone's coming to me this year so we are 9 for Christmas Day and 11 for Boxing Day. We'll have to sleep in our motorhome on our drive to accommodate them all. Dad's a type 2 on insulin, I'm type 2 on Gliclazide and Metformin. We will have our normal Christmas dinner - canapes and cava, later turkey, pigs in blankets, veg and roasties, maybe Christmas pudding, though that might be for supper. It's one day and I know that my BS will be higher than normal, but it will come back down and I'll be back on track by the 27th.

Reactions: 2 people

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mayo makes so many foods taste good. I've also made a marie rose sauce with creme fraiche and heinz low sugar ketchup. Very low in carbs as you only need a bit for colour and flavour. Asda do a marie rose too which doesn't have many carbs. Prawns in sauce on ice gem leaves is so nice. Also scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for me. The same with family but with a bagel. Can eat brilliantly on lchf diet. If there is something I fancy I google it but add low carb at the end and it pretty much adapts what you fancy to a low carb version

This sounds a great idea @alliebee.

I'm going to try this out.

Thanks for the tip.

Foxie x

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Seasons' Greetings!

I love After Eights.
Such a classic.
Love 'em.

Want some.
Asda were selling them in a tin! (Contains two boxes) Guess who bought some?:D Always have been a sucker for a tin! :rolleyes: It's got ?Big Ben on it! So I had to. :p

Reactions: 4 people

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm worried about this Christmas , I'm so easily tempted and it's the first time in years that my bs is in the healthy range. Previous years i have not bothered about my diabetes and just ate what i wanted from Christmas eve to new years day! Bad i know.

Its just everyone will be eating bad things and i know ill be tempted. :(

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh yes. I completely understand.
I'm currently obsessed with mince pies. :(
Not yet inhaled one.
But it's only a matter of time.
They haunt me.
I dream about them.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Oh yes. I completely understand.
I'm currently obsessed with mince pies. :(
Not yet inhaled one.
But it's only a matter of time.
They haunt me.
I dream about them.

donate them to your new family members Brunn :)