New Year Resolutions - 2015

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
My New Year's Resolution will be the same as the last few years. I won't make New Year's Resolutions because I always feel bad when I fail.
I never make them either. I once got asked before an assembly what mine were and said I never have one. It was suggested that I agree to spend less on the credit card and drink less wine - the person was desperately trying to think as the assembly started in less than 5 minutes. Having stumbled inadvertently on the truth (it was pre children and I used to go to the pub with another like minded teacher after school on a Friday and have a glass of wine and a packet of crisps. We were so regular that they probably could have had our order ready before we'd walked through the door!:hilarious:) , the poor hapless soul asked the kids who's New Years resolution is to spend less on the credit card and less chardonnay? Put your hands up if you think it's....... A list of names was read out. When they came to my name, all their hands went up!:oops: Bloody cheek. Infact, the only kids who didn't put their hands up were either new to the school or had poor attendance!
I do actually have one this year. It's to get down to at least 11 stone but preferably 10. :D

Reactions: 4 people

blueflow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
New Year resolutions: take more exercise and stop cheating with my diet Perhaps stop drinking
Diagnosed roughly fifteen years ago but only been on meds five years. Had severe abdominal pains and nausea for past five months, current Dr seems think it was ibs but now thinks it's nerve damage due my diabetes, seeing different doctor on Friday get second opinion.

Daily reading some where between 7 - 9

Meds
Metformin 500 mg twice daily
Sitagliptin 100 mg one daily
Gliclazide 80 mg one daily
Simvastatin 20 mg one daily
Levothyroxine 100 micro grams one daily

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
my resolution is to drink more alcohol. I can easily go 2-3 months without a sip.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New Year resolutions: take more exercise and stop cheating with my diet Perhaps stop drinking
Diagnosed roughly fifteen years ago but only been on meds five years. Had severe abdominal pains and nausea for past five months, current Dr seems think it was ibs but now thinks it's nerve damage due my diabetes, seeing different doctor on Friday get second opinion.

Meds

Hi and welcome!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!

Meds
Have you thought about low carbing? I was able to bring my bs down into the 5s by doing this. How much do you drink? I can manage 3 glasses a week of white wine or 3 G&T s with diet tonic.