Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Possibly me cause use it in GF DF baking. Chest infection still not gone see GP Mon am. Blood sugar 6.2 this morning so coming down:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Liked for the 6.2. Have you tried Olbas oil on tissue by your bed overnight? Or just teatree oil? Can't wait to try the pastry wit the gum...

S

Sable_Jan

A lovely 4.8 :) though having my 2 toast. Think the other morning blip may have been that the extra bit that I had must've been equivalent to another half slice...is burnt lower gi? Pressed the frozen button instead of reheat =-O

Reactions: 12 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke with a heavy head after a night out with my sisters... And 7.3 this morning which is my lowest for ages....although next time I would like a 7.3 without the head lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Happy Holidays Rod. Or should I call you Mr. Consistency. Let's hope it comes down again now you are on holiday.

LOL - 5.5 this morning.

Reactions: 11 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Great result @beatdise! :) well done! What is bitter gourd and where can we get it?:)

Hi Adelle many thanks.It is bitter but just a quarter of a glass from one bitter gourd is enough really. I dont think its any more bitter than draught Guiness. Available from mainly SouthbAsian grocercs also known as Karela. Not for everyone's taste works for me and the research backs up. Some links below;

http://www.bitter-gourd.org/health-benefits/

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/natural-therapies/bitter-melon.html

11.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
I'm posting my fasting early today...its been 8 hrs since I ate ..and now nearly 2am...can't sleep due to stupid MS....so here goes
Fasting 5.3...ta da!
It does count doesn't it? Lol :)
We'll definitely give you that...tadaaaaa..... indeed well dne!

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 today, prefer my 5zone 5.4 really but probably just being pedantic!!
The "party" yesterday at mums care home was different to previous years, the only drinks on offer were white wine or sherry, so black coffee for me then! (Usually would have had vodka) they had a singer though, an artist I know from my hotel reception days, so the buffet was later.......by which time my daughter and were leaving, so no problem there! We picked up kfc on the way home, just 3 boneless strips for me with my Morrison's luxury coleslaw, 5.3 pre and 5.6 after so pleased with that!

Reactions: 15 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
9.1 this morning. Could be something to do with the five chocolates I had yesterday...oh, and the popcorn...:blush:

Reactions: 16 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.1 but more FANTASTICO was football lat night. 1 hour 20 minutes of competitive 5 a side football with a bunch of under 30 year olds. I do think its a miracle that I am able to perform. I've even been playing up front and scoring goals. That for me has been the biggest silver lining in my DX Feeling a strength in my legs and lungs I havent felt since I was in my early 40's

Reactions: 18 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Well readings have gone down but having a weird tightness and pain just at the bottom of my ribs and slight nagging uncomfortable pain. Dont know what's causing it but it's been few days now and it hasn't gone away
6.0 after Christmas dinner last night had tiramisu ice cream and ferero rocher so was surprised to see the reading
5.4 fasting

Reactions: 12 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all
Well readings have gone down but having a weird tightness and pain just at the bottom of my ribs and slight nagging uncomfortable pain. Dont know what's causing it but it's been few days now and it hasn't gone away
6.0 after Christmas dinner last night had tiramisu ice cream and ferero rocher so was surprised to see the reading
5.4 fasting
Like the scores bretszza.......I find lately I get a nagging ache / discomfort in the same area, left hand side? Not investigated but I'm guessing its our pancreas?? Wonder if anyone is more informed?

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
5.4 fasting

Gall bladder? Apparently gall stones are common in people that lose a lot of weight in a short space of time. In bariatric surgery the gall bladder is normally removed. No idea, and just a thought.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, after stating categorically that my liver doesn't like me lower than mid 5's overnight, it did a U-turn last night (almost)

5.0 at bedtime
5.1 this morning - my lowest ever. :):):):):)

Reactions: 21 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was just putting it down to metfartin till now and too much gas but you could be right. The top of my stomach just below the chest is quite hard to feel. I will go to the doc if it does not get any better. Its not massively painful but very annoying. Was planning days off from now until new year but all leaves cancelled so feeling low as no time to spend with family and when no one in office has nothing to do I am overloaded by handling and supporting 10 different offices around the world with 1000+ employees. Taking a toll all this? I definitely think so.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant. Well done. Yay!

I was so taken aback I forgot to weigh myself! I almost retested but decided to grab it and test after breakfast as that would confirm matters. After breakfast at 1hr. was 6.5 ( blueberries, which spike me more than other berries) so I think the fasting test was more or less correct. Happy happy happy.

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought the pancreas was below the sternum and the gallbladder somewhere between the liver and right kidney. I could be wrong though.
I only know we have to keep the fats up to keep the gallbladder flushing properly to stop gallstones.

Yes I think you are right. The pancreas is on the left under the sternum, the gall bladder is on the right under the liver. The liver spreads across the upper abdomen under the sternum.

@brettsza It could be anything or nothing, but if it continues I would see the doc. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.