Accu-Check Mobile Queries from a Newbie

AndyLeslie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, forgive me if these points have already been covered but I have yet to find them using the forum Search tool. If they have been already covered, please just point me at the answers.

Although I've been a diagnosed Type 2 for a couple of years, I was moved to get an Accu-Check Mobile from Amazon (it seems the Welsh NHS doesn't let Type 2's have testing kits[!]) as the price seemed reasonable and the feedback positive. This, after a few aberrant tests from Hospital blood tests.

As a complete newcomer to doing my own tests, I've found this very convenient, However, I wonder if anyone can answer me a couple of queries. As I'm largely deaf, phoning the Accu-Check helpline is out and they haven't responded to an email.

1) The Amazon entry specifically stated that I could access the data for use with Excel. But this isn't documented anywhere. There is apparently a software package sold to do much the same thing but a) I can't find it for sale and b) I already have Excel! So I'm typing in the entries to a spreadsheet manually and it is very revealing. Anyone know how to import the data direct?

2) How often should I change Lancet? It doesn't seem to be every time as the package contains 2x6-Lancet packs but a 50-test strip.

3) How ridiculous is it that to buy a meter packaged with 12 lancets and a 50 test cassette is cheaper than buying new test cassettes, even (upon a cursory lookit), even on Ebay?

I've registered with the manufacturer as they request and look forward to the free carry case. If (3) holds true I may be building a stock of them.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum

I have an Accu Chek mobile but due to the exorbitant cost of cassettes, I bought myself a Codefree as they have the cheapest strips going. I prefer the Mobile for convenience and portability. Shame the cassettes are so dear.

1) Can't help with this. I always transfer my data to excel manually as I can discard rogue readings and re-tests, and also organise my data in columns I choose, so I can average like with like.

2) There is no need to change lancets until it becomes blunt or starts to hurt or refuse to draw blood, providing you keep your fingers clean.

3) Very ridiculous. Ebay is the best place. There are often some very good offers, but even so, very expensive compared with Codefree.

AndyLeslie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@AndyLeslie ,
I take it you mean the SmartPix software you can download from the website : https://www.accu-chek.co.uk/gb/myaccuchek/SmartPixSoftware_1.0.0_EN.html#ret09000159800f29ea1
This should allow you to export the file as a .CSV file which excel should import.
Thanks for the pointer. However, I downloaded this sw to find that it seem to offer the data download capability I wanted either. I was originally referring to the Accu‑Chek 360° sw, advertised in the manual, but that appears to be what you get built-in to the device anyhow.

I did get an answer this afternoon from the Helpdesk but not to the question I asked!

It seems that manual copying of the data into a spreadsheet is the only way to get what I want, in order to tie to my food diary. Ho hum. I can do that.

I am perfectly happy with this device at the moment, I should emphasise, just not happy at finding out a feature advertised is not available.

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
2 cassettes (100 tests) usually available on Ebay for around £22 inc. postage. That's much cheaper than buying 2 new meters.

AndyLeslie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the info, although v2 doesn't seem to allow data download either.

ayit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
varied
I am presently checking and The 360 software has to be purchased from accu-chek via the helpline