Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

6.6 here. In bed with cold. Starting to look a lot like Christmas chez Ethyl. I have been ill every year for last 6 years!! Still Mr E made me scrambled eggs ( first time he has made them ever) and a nice slice spelt bread. I can't see today being a very low carb day if he is cooking, as I suspect tea will be from chippy!!
Interesting people mentioning the pain as I get it occasionally and did wonder about gallstones. I think some of mine is scar tissue from my endometriosis as it is worse at certain times of the month.
Glad Mr E is looking after you. Get him to ask for lightly battered fish.....

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

9.2 this morning
9.6 last night
8 before tea.
????????.. Just considering trying a new insulin pen when felt strange and yep, hypo ! At 3.6 ?. So I'm now doing at lot of head scratching. So far just splinters in my fingers.
View attachment 9898
Yo-yo diet ;-). can't give advice other than take care of yourself cos don't know the ins and outs (or ups and downs) of insulin. Tho mayb chewing on a few nuts to help you think - avoid the splinters in the fingers eureka!! The splinters are skewing your test figures :D

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm absolutely fine with normal battered fish. The fat slows it all down. I used to scrape it off, then stopped, no difference. Thank goodness :)

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

They aren't very heavily battered tbh and I take most of it off. It's the curry sauce I crave and miss.
Although I like curry (mild) I've never been tempted wth the sauce. Mayb you could make your own when you're feeling better and mayb use that xanthan gum thickener? It says for sauces as well as baking. When it comes will be trying it for lots of stuff ;-) can stand runny gravies, would prefer to do without.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Although I like curry (mild) I've never been tempted wth the sauce. Mayb you could make your own when you're feeling better and mayb use that xanthan gum thickener? It says for sauces as well as baking. When it comes will be trying it for lots of stuff ;-) can stand runny gravies, would prefer to do without.

I am ok with Makeway sauce but the chip shop one can be sweet and I'm having it with chips and fish so something has got to give- though I feel so rubbish today I might just give in. Gravy I use the bisto granules and only have a spoonful or two - not a gravy person really - I blame my mum as she makes it thick enough to stand a spoon in.

S

Sable_Jan

I am ok with Makeway sauce but the chip shop one can be sweet and I'm having it with chips and fish so something has got to give- though I feel so rubbish today I might just give in. Gravy I use the bisto granules and only have a spoonful or two - not a gravy person really - I blame my mum as she makes it thick enough to stand a spoon in.
Get hubby to buy it in a carton so you can mayb just pour half on? Enjoy. Tuna flan baking while I'm doing outdoors dogs always sit or play wth them for while after their tea - depending on aches. Having it wth sprouts tho prefer baked beans - need to make some more though.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Liked for the 6.2. Have you tried Olbas oil on tissue by your bed overnight? Or just teatree oil? Can't wait to try the pastry wit the gum...
Thanks Jan love olbas oil

Sent from my GT-S5830i using DCUK Forum mobile app

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
5.7 fasting as usual,5,3 before dinner tonight,Im only testing twice a day as its always the same now,and I know what I can eat and not eat.But if I get a raise i will test more.

Reactions: 11 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 today. (5.9 yesterday). I am considering if I should up my night time Metformin from 500mg to 1000mg to see the impact on my fasting levels. I have my review with the GP on the 29th.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I think your fasting levels are good.
I wouldnt do anything until you talk to your doctor.
welcome to the Forum

Reactions: 10 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 today. (5.9 yesterday). I am considering if I should up my night time Metformin from 500mg to 1000mg to see the impact on my fasting levels. I have my review with the GP on the 29th.
Your figures are ok. Can't give any information on metformin, I don't take it but I would be happy with those numbers.
plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.7 fasting as usual,5,3 before dinner tonight,Im only testing twice a day as its always the same now,and I know what I can eat and not eat.But if I get a raise i will test more.
Hi there, welcome to the madhouse/forum/thread :)

Not at that stage yet but two of today's meals I've not tested as had fairly constant figures on previous test. My fingers said thank you :D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.