Christmas food shop and with good intentions that quickly turned to fail.

Liverbird1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Supermarkets, Vanity.
Evening all :pompous:

So, Me and my husband Jim decided to hit the shops and tackle the food shop for Christmas whilst my children were at their grandparents.
I was full of determination and had good healthy solid food stuffs in the fore front of my mind.
But then I walked past the choccy brazil nuts, They fell into the trolley.. then this giant cake with allsorts of horrid choc, toffee, biscuit, cream, choc, biscuits, toffee..never ending, the layers seemed to go on forever.. that unfortunately also fell into the trolley.. then came the mince pies, followed shortly by a christmas pudding and brandy sauce, then a bottle of baileys decided to join the party, a giant pork pie also fell into the mix along with bombay mixes and .........:arghh::banghead:

I did manage to get quite a fair bit low carb wise ofcourse! :angelic: and I stumbled upon a large bag of linseed mix that contains pumpkins seeds... Meh I am just trying to make myself feel better here lol. I just failed.. miserably. :grumpy: Id much rather not be diagnosed as a diabetic ofcourse. But blah I could of been given the news at the right end of december! :lock: I am having a vodka and diet coke at the moment, guilt free, and there is chicken and celeriac chips baking in the oven with cabbage and bacon salad. Srry for blabbing away on here. This site is a god send for me xx

Reactions: 2 people

Janiept

Expert
Honey just enjoy it and get back on the wagon when it's all gone.
I guarantee that a large percentage of diabetics (me included) will ditch their normal eating regimes for a day or two and it won't be the end of the world.
Happy Christmas. Enjoy !!!:D

Reactions: 3 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Im having a week or 2 off. Today ive had half a large bag of crisps. I never eat crisps when im good.

Its christmas. Just make sure your strict on yourself by the new year.

Reactions: 3 people

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How long have you been diagnosed? If it isn't long then a couple of weeks won't matter much in the whole scheme of things. I'm an old timer at Type 2 (since 2007) and have a few treats at Christmas. Just remember to start your low carb lifestyle in the New Year and just because they jumped in the trolley, you don't have to eat them. I still buy things for other members of the family.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Aww Liverbird1 its Christmas, so much more tempting food in the shops, my dining room table is groaning with snacky foods already as my family will all be here for Boxing Day. Sheesh I'm nowhere near perfect and I just know I'll be eating foods I shouldn't bbbut it'll be only a couple of days and I'll be back to normal afterwards...but I know I'll have enjoyed those couple of days as its hard to be perfect and I feel that if I can't let go on the odd occasion.....:rolleyes:

Liverbird1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Supermarkets, Vanity.
I've Just recently been diagnosed (15th of this month) But the doc I see seems to think I have been diabetic for a good year. I have thought about it and christmas day I will just have what I want when I want. I wont be taking my bloods that day. I am just going to enjoy the festivities. Balls to it! You are a long time dead! I just wont over do it to much. I am a newbie and I have already lost 8 pounds in the first week of LCHF. I am very proud of that!

I cant wait to get stuck into those choccy brazils :woot:

Liverbird1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Supermarkets, Vanity.
Its just I have people breathing down my neck since diagnoses, My parents being the main ones. And I have my parents down here for Christmas dinner.. I can see me getting drunk with a bottle of vodka hiding in my kids playhouse in the garden towards the end of the day!. xx

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Blimey, 1 double is enough for tonight. Hardly drink anymore. 1 and I'm tiddly.

Liverbird1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Supermarkets, Vanity.
I wish I could say 1 voddie would do for me... I am a booze fiend :oops: I have 50% Irish blood in me, I will blame that hehehe. I can not do just one drink.. I struggle to understand someone who can just have one wine and be happy with that! I have to have 10! I am only happy when I wake up in the morning with a fat head if truth be told lol :shy: That is shameful ofcourse! I should be downright ashamed of myself :facepalm: